IGNORED

We deserve better!

The Exiled Robin

My latest blog for the Bristol Post is here: http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-BLOG-Robins-doing-doing/story-27817156-detail/story.html

I hope you can make it past the pop-up ads (there's an Adblocker app on the new iOS9 by the way) to read it and let me know what you think!

As Dory would say in Finding Nemo....just keep going, just keep going :-) 

thanks all!

My latest blog for the Bristol Post is here: http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-BLOG-Robins-doing-doing/story-27817156-detail/story.html

I hope you can make it past the pop-up ads (there's an Adblocker app on the new iOS9 by the way) to read it and let me know what you think!

As Dory would say in Finding Nemo....just keep going, just keep going :-) 

thanks all!

because you now write for the post it doesn't mean we'll accept post style incorrect facts. Dory would not sing "just keep going". 

Youve changed ER. And I don't like. 

Interesting read and some good points made. I think I'm in the group that don't feel we deserve better and that we have been punished for our shortcomings that didn't show up last year.

In regards to not being worried. As much as I'm not worried and agree we will be more than fine by the end of the season, I'm slightly worried that we have been dominating games and not winning. If you are dominated and playing badly there are areas to change or personnel but if you're playing well and not winning what do you change? Some may not agree but this worries me. 

The old saying "good teams play badly and win" but I've never heard "good teams play well and lose"

Food for thought.

Still believe we will finish 6-12 comfortably

Interesting read and some good points made. I think I'm in the group that don't feel we deserve better and that we have been punished for our shortcomings that didn't show up last year.

In regards to not being worried. As much as I'm not worried and agree we will be more than fine by the end of the season, I'm slightly worried that we have been dominating games and not winning. If you are dominated and playing badly there are areas to change or personnel but if you're playing well and not winning what do you change? Some may not agree but this worries me. 

The old saying "good teams play badly and win" but I've never heard "good teams play well and lose"

Food for thought.

Still believe we will finish 6-12 comfortably

6th?  Are you constantly drunk or just when you come on here?

6th?  Are you constantly drunk or just when you come on here?

It's not beyond us. Many teams have started poorly in this league and gone on a run and made to around 6-12. With a January transfer window too there is every chance. We will see 

also do it was a estimate of 6th bring the highest. Personally thin 10th or 11th will be our position

It's not beyond us. Many teams have started poorly in this league and gone on a run and made to around 6-12. With a January transfer window too there is every chance. We will see 

also do it was a estimate of 6th bring the highest. Personally thin 10th or 11th will be our position

I'm willing to bet up to £100 that we won't finish top 12.  Up to you how much. 

Agree with a lot of what you say there, a good positive read.

For me, the formation and personnel can achieve in this division, but the implementing of our tactics is the issue.

We need to be more cute, like many of our opponents, be more patient and calculated in our approach play, catch people on the break. We have the players to do this.

At the moment teams know if they sit back, they can nick a goal as the spaces will be there for them, and then they can close out the game. 

The issue i beleive we have is championship experience and leaders on the pitch. We are getting caught cold too much. It is clear that in terms of experience that wilbraham is our go to man, and we all know he is 34 and cannot be expected to play every game. Flint is next in line but he is having to step up himself, then its corey smith who is physically small and has i believe played a handful of championship games before. No disrespect to pack, who is in the same position as a lot of our players in terms of stepping up, but we need a high end top championship box to box midfielder in that role who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and thats where the big bids should have gone.

Isn't that a given? I mean if you play badly and win doesn't that suggest that the other team played better and lost? I suppose you could be the better of two very bad teams but the first scenario seems more likely....

Isn't that a given? I mean if you play badly and win doesn't that suggest that the other team played better and lost? I suppose you could be the better of two very bad teams but the first scenario seems more likely....

Potentially yes but how often do you hear about the 'best' teams playing fantastically and losing. 

My point is if we're playing at 85/90 out of a 100 and still losing how do you possibly change that so you win? You can't be expected to play high 90s every game and therefore the games we have dominated it's worrying we've come away with very little.

Having seen nearly every game so far, bar Wednesday first game I genuinely don't see a game we should have lost. Every game we had looked like getting a result 

Potentially yes but how often do you hear about the 'best' teams playing fantastically and losing. 

My point is if we're playing at 85/90 out of a 100 and still losing how do you possibly change that so you win? You can't be expected to play high 90s every game and therefore the games we have dominated it's worrying we've come away with very little.

Having seen nearly every game so far, bar Wednesday first game I genuinely don't see a game we should have lost. Every game we had looked like getting a result 

From my perspective, we have been the best side but without playing at 85/90 out of 100 ( I don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of this team, for example), so again I'm not really that concerned and like you think we'll accumulate enough points over the course of a season.

I think the change will come with a bit of familiarity. I think there is a lot of papering of the cracks to which due attention is not paid. v Sheff Weds we had an injured GK, we had Joe B crocked, and then Kodjia up alone... next game one of our stars takes a first half bath and we have to do without him for 3 games, we then have our new boy jog on and we have to recall little too soon, we then have rotation in defence (Hamer, Moore, Baker). Marry that with us having played teams hovering around the playoffs now I think we have a pretty decent return even if our performances merited more.

For me, all is boding well for the future but I'm not so naïve to think this can go on forever. I do think we need to get much more streetwise very soon, for example.

From my perspective, we have been the best side but without playing at 85/90 out of 100 ( I don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of this team, for example), so again I'm not really that concerned and like you think we'll accumulate enough points over the course of a season.

I think the change will come with a bit of familiarity. I think there is a lot of papering of the cracks to which due attention is not paid. v Sheff Weds we had an injured GK, we had Joe B crocked, and then Kodjia up alone... next game one of our stars takes a first half bath and we have to do without him for 3 games, we then have our new boy jog on and we have to recall little too soon, we then have rotation in defence (Hamer, Moore, Baker). Marry that with us having played teams hovering around the playoffs now I think we have a pretty decent return even if our performances merited more.

For me, all is boding well for the future but I'm not so naïve to think this can go on forever. I do think we need to get much more streetwise very soon, for example.

agree with what you're saying and maybe I'm not giving the side enough credit as to how good they really are. 

I didn't think about the chopping and changing but then again does that come down to lack of depth? We're not the only side to have had injuries and suspensions 

However there is certainly no need to panick 

agree with what you're saying and maybe I'm not giving the side enough credit as to how good they really are. 

I didn't think about the chopping and changing but then again does that come down to lack of depth? We're not the only side to have had injuries and suspensions 

However there is certainly no need to panick 

I agree it's an issue with squad depth and our summer recruitment, but then coming from the squad size we had last year I think it was an inevitable problem. Seemingly we were either going to have to try to integrate a dozen or so players to have a comparable squad size with the rest of the league, or to accept we would be disjointed in several games throughout the season. 

I'm quite happy with the direction we've taken personally having seen what happened last time around with our squad. But then that does mean over the course of the season it cannot be an excuse as it was a conscious decision to run a smaller first team. For now, I think so few games have been played that the absences are just about justification, and perhaps we have been particularly unlucky in the short term with Freeman, Fielding, Little, Agard all missing several games already. But certainly I wouldn't see it as a justification once we've had 15 or so games, like you say we had the opportunity to 'insure' against it absences.

Archived