IGNORED

we need 3 goals minimum to win against reading

where's the joy

They're without their in form striker but have a plethora of other options going forward. We could defend better and still let in two or more as that's the talent we will be facing. We've been sharp going forward except for finishing but that will turn. Hopefully we keep them to 1 or 0 and get at least 2. We are capable and we don't know which reading will show up but as in most matches we have a fair shot at winning 

How many do you think we'd need to beat Middlesborough at the Riverside?

if you had money on an away win fair play to you, Lady Luck certainly had her ample behind right in the middle of our goal. 

To be fair she was also present at PNE at the wrong end.

Shouldn't you be asking him to set us up right to stop conceding 

If that's the optimal approach.

Personally I think trying to outscore is our best bet with this squad. I don't think we have the right players to see a game out or play it on the back foot and I also think that's by design. Targets like Gray and Gayle, signings like Kodjia and Fredericks (gone admittedly) I think show that we're not looking to approach the task in such a manner.

Sure we will get beat, sure we might face a few two goal deficits from chasing games, but the same approach can still yield results like 0-1 at Boro, turn around games like Leeds, and long term I think it will be more profitable. We simply, to my mind, need to integrate a relatively new defence with a relatively unfamiliar approach. Since Flint got his bearings with it 18 months ago he hasn't looked back. 

Archived