IGNORED

Mr ****Ing Ashton

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

This sounds like it was a test for the stewards, This happens at least once a year to keep them on their toes. Mr Ashton is a code for the stewards to open all emergency exit gates. If they hear the second code name which i believe is Mr Clemence, whichever emergency the stand is in, that stand has to be evacuated immediately. That is what i have been told anyway. If we carry on losing games perhaps we might have the second announcement sooner. 

i checked. Mr Ashton is the secret code to say someone has blocked the crapper with a king size dreadnought.

The dirty bugger struck in two stands in quick succession and was on his way to cause carnage in the Atyeo when luckily our well drilled rapid response turd team were able to intercept him.

The tannoy may have been annoying but it was essential to triangulate the response team on the dirty little chodbin terrorist.

Well done all involved, great job today.

Judging by your avatar. I think we have identified the cable laying culprit! 

The thing I find amazing is

The announcment is made far to early

there is probabley no more than 1,000 in the stands

surely it should be made 10 mins before kick off as that is when most fans get there

Most fans probabley never even heard of this announement !   

I think you're on about a different thing.  The announcements with the noise and what to do if there is an emergency are different to the announcement on Saturday about Mr Ashton being needed which was made during the game.

Given that there are only three places Mr Ashton might, or might not be required is there any chance  of getting someone with a less depressed sounding voice to direct him?

Sounds like Mr Ashton is on a permanent state of high alert, ready to strike at any time but he is working undet the direction of the world's least enthusiastic dictator. 

he's here , he's there , he's every freakin where ...

This sounds like it was a test for the stewards, This happens at least once a year to keep them on their toes. Mr Ashton is a code for the stewards to open all emergency exit gates. If they hear the second code name which i believe is Mr Clemence, whichever emergency the stand is in, that stand has to be evacuated immediately. That is what i have been told anyway. If we carry on losing games perhaps we might have the second announcement sooner. 

Is this the code used in the Dolman about 10 minutes before the end of the game?

50 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

So he's finally been found. Who knew? 

List of gates and definitions:

watergate: the original scandal

bloodgate: the rugby blood scandal

camillagate: the phone call between Camilla and Prince Charles

etc. Add your own favourite 

New addition 

ashtongate: the appointment of Oxford United manager instead of former Leicester manager

Archived