IGNORED

2 out of the 3 promoted teams will be relegated

reddogkev

After taking a long hard look at the developing league table, I'm prepared (rather controversially) to say that Rotherham, and either us, MK Dons, or Preston will be relegated this year.

It seems this year that the Championship has now grown far too strong for promoted teams from league one to fare any serious chance - and this is solely to do with the fact the division is now littered with the wealthy fallen teams from the Premiership, that have far superior budgets and prove more attractive to the better grade of players.  This grossly unfair situation means that teams rising from league one will surely struggle to survive in the same vein that promoted teams struggle in the premiership.  Bournemouth were the exception to this, and I still have no idea how they achieved their miracle feat, but I fear the chances of this happening again are virtually impossible.

So do you agree, will the relegation spots be largely occupied by promoted league one teams, and if so, will we finish higher than MK Dons and Preston?  Obviously we did this in some style last year, so no reason why we won't do it again this season.  And yes, I know there's still an incredibly long way to go before diving into relegation topics, but after the tough starts we've endured, I am fearful that we've got a year of struggle ahead of us.

Here's hoping I'm wrong and we pick up soon, starting with the task of Ipswich away and the threat of the Pitman!

It seems this year that the Championship has now grown far too strong for promoted teams from league one to fare any serious chance

I disagree. I believe that that has become more of a factor and will only worsen with the new TV deal - and the disparity between the PL and FL will increase and teams receiving parachute payments will continue to garner an unfair advantage. However, the three teams that got promoted last season could definitely have challenged. I still think Preston will do well. All three teams are worse than they were at the end of last season currently - we're evidently weaker, MK have lost Alli who was an integral figure and Preston are hurting from the loss of Beckford through injury.

It's still early days but I can see Preston doing well. MK are struggling for goals and have lost their best player, whilst we have just had an atrocious time off the field.

The Championship isn't too strong yet.

Preston will do well?

If we are to stay up they'll have to be one of the three teams below us.

I agree with the OP, Bolton, the three sides promoted plus Rotherham and one other (Blackburn if Rhodes is sold/gets injured, Huddersfield or even Brentford) will make up the bottom six, this league is very strong now.

No, I really can't see Preston doing well, anything higher than 20th would be an achievement for them. 

The Championship seems very strong to me, after all, we literally destroyed League one last season - smashed it to pieces and then crushed those pieces into dust, and now look at us!

Archived