IGNORED

Loan signings

Jacki

I know our disastrous transfer window has been discussed at length on here, and blimey we are suffering for it now. 

I thought I would talk specifically about the loan signings we have made and how underwhelming they have all been so far. 

Hamer has looked all over the place in all of the games I've seen. By all accounts he was outstanding at Middlesbrough but in all the home games he's been poor. 

Moore looked hesitant and nervy all through his brief appearance yesterday. It's only one home game so it's unfair to write him off but early signs are hardly positive. 

Robinson has barely featured and has fallen behind Reid in the pecking order. At this point his signing looks completely pointless. 

Hopefully Baker is an improvement on the other three signings but it's too early to pass judgment on him. 

In the second half Kodjia was the only player on the pitch who wasn't registered with us last season. Two of the team who finished the game were farmed out to clubs in League Two all year. It's not difficult to see why we are struggling...

Interesting. Baker had played a few games, had he not, prior to his injury? I read on one or two posts that he was at fault for one of the goals in one of our many losses and looked a bit nervous in others.

In my humble opinion its not the back three; its the wing backs.. I do not think either Ayling or Bryan are strong enough for that roll and be expected to track back and assist in defence which is, after all, what a wing BACK is supposed to do. I am not saying they are not good enough for this level I am saying we should, and perhaps did, try to pay good money for two quality wing backs. Secure those two positions and get that elusive striker and we will surge up this table.. Post mark this thread ;)

Robinson has always looked quite lively in the games I've seen him, probably not a starter but looks as though he can cause opposition problems and have an impact. He's no wing back mind.  

Moore doesn't look particularly comfortable in the back 3 up to now but it's far too early to write him off. 

Yet to see Baker. 

Don't know how anyone can form that judgement on Robinson seeing as his entire league career for us so far is barely 90 minutes.

Boro aside Hamer has struggled and like both Baker and Moore has joined us having not played much (or at all) in months.

We can still bring in another loan or two but can only play five of them, if results continue to be poor I'd expect a central midfielder to join and wouldn't be that surprised to see Hamer drop out of the match day squad if Frankie stays fit and we bring in a sixth loan.

Robinson, to me, has looked lively when he has been on the pitch - always looking for the ball and trying to make things happen. Moore looked uncomfortable yesterday and certainly not an instant fix for our defensive problems but time will tell. It's disappointing that Osborne was allowed to go out on loan because he would have given us another option.

Robinson is a striker/wide attacker, yet has been used as a central midfielder and wingback. Funny how we are in need of s striker yet he doesn't get a look in.

If I was at Villa I would recall him and loan him out to someone to use him correctly. Seriously damaging his development and potential with us.

As for Moore, the least said about his performance the better!

We are not utilising Robinson to his full potential and in doing so stumping his development. Had a conversation with a Villa lad who said Robinson was well thought of, rolls his sleeves up works very hard and has great attacking ability.

If we are not using him properly then we will never realise and see him at his best but what do i know, i dont pick the starting 11.

Think we need to use the loan window in a similar fashion to how Cotts did when he first arrived; rather than aiming for those who'll end up long-term answers to our problems (young, promising but perhaps less experienced players), bring in a bunch of players to immediately compete in the short term, and basically force those here to up their performances, and with the aim of stabilising us to build.  

The likes of Nosworthy, Barnett, Paterson and Elliott (only the last of which turned into a long term association) were important to dragging us out of the mud, and if SC is saying we've targets lined-up for January, I really don't see the issue with getting help or even just competition right now.  I don't think in the grand scheme of things this will be a tremendous strain on the finances long term, and might shake us out of the funk we're in, helping the existing players we have fight back to form.

It worried me that a Brentford fan said on Twitter that he prayed Moore would not go back there (or words to that effect), while many Villa fans said Baker was a liability (albeit at Premier League level). We'll have to see, but the signs haven't looked good so far

Moore was very poor yesterday and at times slowed down any pace we had going forward, I noticed Korey really letting him have it for passing back rather than playing Ayling through on a couple of occasions.  You could tell he has never played the formation we do as he was totally lost and couldn't get his head round it.

The biggest worry for me is why the hell did Cotterill sign them.He never plays Robinson and the others at this stage although really early don't appear to add much.If Cotterill new that the club  would be offering peanuts to players to sign for us surely these loan signings should have been a precious source of bringing some quality to the squad.As it is he appears to have failed miserably.When I remember the difference Caulker made to the team when we had him on loan and it compare to Cotterill's 4 loanees  then it is embarrassing. 

Moore was very poor yesterday and at times slowed down any pace we had going forward, I noticed Korey really letting him have it for passing back rather than playing Ayling through on a couple of occasions.  You could tell he has never played the formation we do as he was totally lost and couldn't get his head round it.

I noticed this too, Korey spent a lot of time either yelling at him or if he (Korey)had the ball he was shrugging and indicating that he had no options. No excuses for the others but I'm wondering why Moore was so unprepared for the way we play, what do they do in training?

edit: must admit I ompletely forgot about Osborne, why was he so overlooked. Actually I don't think the answer is Ayling out of position, seems to have turned a good footballer into a poorer one. Revert back to how it was please.

Hamer clearly improved, not sure why he was dropped, looked fine at Burnley

Robinson has looked decent, I'd like to see more of him

Moore and Baker I can't pass judgement

Kodjia has been excellent

So all in all not too bad tbh. HOWEVER why does Cotts persist with dropping in form players, or players who were settling in (ie Reid and Hamer respectively) to give game time to guys who did well last season, play on form, not name imo

I'd have stuck with Hamer and Reid at Birmingham and PNE

Liam Moore is clearly not a ball playing centre half which is what he's being asked to do playing for us.

I imagine he'd be much more comfortable as part of a back four, which doesn't look like will be happening anytime soon.  

The guy has played in the Premier League for crying out loud, you don't play there if you haven't got something about you.

Liam Moore is clearly not a ball playing centre half which is what he's being asked to do playing for us.

I imagine he'd be much more comfortable as part of a back four, which doesn't look like will be happening anytime soon.  

The guy has played in the Premier League for crying out loud, you don't play there if you haven't got something about you.

100%.  He's a proper centre half.  Not an attacking full back,  He;d  be an ideal foil for Flint.  Add Williams at left back and Ayling Right back and we have a very good back four.  We just need to play it...

Don't know how anyone can form that judgement on Robinson seeing as his entire league career for us so far is barely 90 minutes.

Not a problem for some of our faithful, who have been more than happy to pass judgement on many players' ability, or lack of, before they've even pulled on the red shirt.

Not a problem for some of our faithful, who have been more than happy to pass judgement on many players' ability, or lack of, before they've even pulled on the red shirt.

I'm not passing judgement on him at all. I was just saying that his is a pointless signing if he isn't going to see any action.

I have no idea too, tried looking him up it seems he's a a keeper

All I can see is his bio there, but by the looks of it he's surely one for Wade's under 21s, as seems both a bit young and inexperienced for the first team, not to mention already having two keepers.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/AcademyPlayerProfile/0,,10278~3940548,00.html

Archived