IGNORED

Carlton Cole

stephenkibby.

7 caps for England!! The only time cole ever looked a good player was when he first burst on the scene for Chelsea. He wouldn't improve our squad.

Got to disagree with you on that one. A fit Carlton Cole would deffinetly be a useful and solid addition to our strikeforce, to think otherwise is naive Imho.

Not sure of the relevance of listing three other players who aren't Carlton Cole?!

I'd take him, three years younger than Wilbs and scored over 60 premier league goals

point is that just because they are a 'name' & have played in the prem it doesn't mean they are going to come in and smash in a load of goals. 

As an aside, who was our last experienced premier league player who was a success? 

point is that just because they are a 'name' & have played in the prem it doesn't mean they are going to come in and smash in a load of goals. 

As an aside, who was our last experienced premier league player who was a success? 

Well, as there was life before the Premier League, I'd say we've signed some pretty good players with experience in the top division in this country who did well for us. Such as Norman Hunter, Terry Cooper, Joe Royle, Peter Cormack and more recently Shaun Taylor, Joe Jordan, Gary Owers, Brian Tinnion..

Would definitely have him. But he would demand huge wages and that would not fit.into how landown is doing things. I still think we have enough to stay up if only he changed the system, we're going down whatever striker we sign otherwise.

Strange saying he wouldn't be up to it as I've seen lots of West Ham fans saying they'd have been happy with him being given another 1 year contract, however I suppose this is coming from our fans who also wouldn't take Kevin Nolan.

more like Nolan wouldn't take us. Nolan and cole completely unrealistic targets.

Well, as there was life before the Premier League, I'd say we've signed some pretty good players with experience in the top division in this country who did well for us. Such as Norman Hunter, Terry Cooper, Joe Royle, Peter Cormack and more recently Shaun Taylor, Joe Jordan, Gary Owers, Brian Tinnion..

so before football got got taken over by money then??! I'm fed up of these sorts of players coming for one last pay day, wasn't necessarly so back in the day..

so before football got got taken over by money then??! I'm fed up of these sorts of players coming for one last pay day, wasn't necessarly so back in the day..

I'm pretty sure it was the same back in the day. Footballers have a short career, you can't blame them looking to extend it as far as they can. 

Players definitely came for one last payday in the past as they earned so little. We signed Norman Hunter, Joe Royle, Joe Jordan who were all internationals, but not rich, so needed to carry on playing. It would be impossible to sign similar players today. 

thought I saw Nolan was at Orient? Either way surely he's just biding his time until Big Sam gets a job?

hes training at orient, there manger Ian Hendon was big sams first team coach at west ham. Just keeping him fit. I've got a feeling big Sam looks to comfy on the motd sofa to get another mangers job.

Archived