IGNORED

Team for Saturday!?

REDOXO

In view of the unlikely participation of Korey Smith (and 80% Mark Little, how do we think we will line up and also how would you line up the side if it were your choice.

For my two penneth and if we don't bring in a loanee, the options include Ayling moving into midfield and taking the Smith role with or bringing in Bobby Reid as a straight replacement

I think we will go

Fielding

Williams

Flint

Moore

Reid

Pack

Freeman

Bryan

Ayling

Kodjia

Wilbo

Personally I would be tempted to play Wes and try and really hurt them on the break for Wilbo or possibly Agard to stretch their defence with all that running!

Hamer?? Hahaha

Smith injured.

If you don't play Moore then it doesn't make sense. But if both Baker and Moore are in the back line then it makes more sense to go with Hamer than Fieldng. 

For the record I have three possible XI's:

Probable XI:

Fielding

Ayling-Moore-Flint-Williams-Bryan

Reid-Freeman-Pack

Wilbraham-Kodjia

Speculative XI

Fielding

Burns-Ayling-Flint-Williams-Bryan

Reid-Freeman-Pack

Agard-Kodjia

My XI (4-1-3-2)

Fielding

Moore-Flint-Baker (if fit)- Williams

Ayling

Burns-Freeman-Bryan

Agard-Kodjia

If everyone is fit then:

FF, 

LA,AF,NB

ML,KS,BR,LF,JB

CR,JK

With CR floating in the hole.

Assuming KS and NB aren't fit, then:

swap NB with DL

bring MP in for KS

I didn't think LA had a very good game v Reading, but I think he was starved of the ball as LM looked uncomfortable in possession.  Personally I don't think LM looked too bad defensively.  Surely ML is fit enough for 70 minutes...he was v Boro, and that was weeks ago. I think we need his bulldozing style down the right, whilst accepting he's not the greatest defensively.  But him and LA have a great partnerships.

i though CR was decent for an hour v Leeds and although not strong gas good feet and can spot a pass.  If not then KA should come in and we play two up top.  I've not been critical of AW this season, he's played OK, apart from Reading, but surely others deserved a chance at some point.

think we need pace up top to stretch their back line, even if it is just to turn them around and allow us to squeeze the play.  With willing runners in JK and CR/KA, we will always have an out ball.

would like to think we can nick a point up there, but we need to approach it like Boro.

I don't think Cotterill will drop Wilbraham

equally I don't think Ayling will be played in CM - I think Reid will come in for Smith and Wagstaff will be his back up

A far cry from the days of changing the team every week, occasionally Cotterill will change things but I don't think he'll make any more adjustments - Fielding/Hamer? Williams/Baker? Are the only 2 decisions I'm not confident on what Cotterill will do

Ayling is a right back who can play right sided centre back at a stretch at this level.

Having moved him to right wing back a few games ago some are now suggesting he plays in midfield for the first time in his career?

No thanks.

suggestions of Ayling in midfield are born out of a combination of our woeful lack of options in this area and the fact he displays some of the attributes of a midfielder - good with the ball at feet , enjoys surging forwards etc etc

I know we are struggling, but is playing David Lloyd really the answer?

Is it just me, or does anyone else have difficulty in following posts that just use initials for players ?

ok, point taken....and it doesn't help if I use the wrong initials either does it.

DL should've been DW, but got stuck thinking Del / Derrick Williams.

Ayling is a right back who can play right sided centre back at a stretch at this level.

Having moved him to right wing back a few games ago some are now suggesting he plays in midfield for the first time in his career?

No thanks.

Cotterill moved him into the defensive midfield role during the 2nd half of a game last season (Can't remember which one) 

Having watched Reid play for the u21s in the central midfield role and both him and Burns being exceptional my team is this (352)

Fielding

Ayling

Moore

Flint

Baker

Bryan

Pack

Reid

Freeman

Kodjia

Burns

Just think that Kodjia needs a strike partner who can actually make runs past him as opposed to just giving him the ball with only defenders between him and the goal. Reid's eagerness to find early through balls and passing it forward much sharper than anyone else makes me think that we could utilise Kodjia's early runs for once. Pack always seems to ignore them but I think Reid has the personal confidence to try to hit them early. Not sure about Willams vs Baker to be honest.

If all were fit I would be inclined to go with

Fielding

Ayling Moore Flint Baker Williams

Freeman/Reid Smith Pack Bryant

Kodjia

Priority has to be to keep a clean sheet, surely.

I have some sympathy for your thought process vis-a-vis not conceding, however bringing in Matt Bryant for Joe Bryan might be a stretch for many!

Personally I always think lining up 541 invites pressure, as we have seen before. 

Archived