IGNORED

Sepp Blatter

RedM

Just been announced on the radio that Sepp a Blatter is to face criminal proceedings

Apparently there was a press conference which was cancelled with only 5 minutes before it was due and just a short statement detailing the above.

Good news:

Fifa President Sepp Blatter is currently being questioned by representatives of the Swiss attorney general, the BBC understands.

In a statement, the attorney general's office said it had opened "criminal proceedings" against Mr Blatter.

It said he was being investigated "on suspicion of criminal mismanagement as well as - alternatively - on suspicion of misappropriation".

Earlier, Fifa cancelled a press conference at its Zurich headquarters.

The Swiss attorney general's office said the investigation surrounds a TV rights deal Mr Blatter signed with former Caribbean football chief Jack Warner in 2005.

Mr Blatter is also suspected of "a disloyal payment" in 2011 to UEFA president Michel Platini, the statement said.

Just been announced on the radio that Sepp a Blatter is to face criminal proceedings

Apparently there was a press conference which was cancelled with only 5 minutes before it was due and just a short statement detailing the above.

You are faster than CNN.. they broke it 14.7 seconds ago .. lolz..

Blatter is Going DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

GET INNNNNNNNNNN

and take that tosspot Mike Paltini with you while you are at it buster. heheheheheeheeeeee

Hey - just because FIFA is bent, doesn't mean the man at the top is, remember the great man's words....

Where is the DISLIKE button. ? !!

I know you are being droll...

If the boss at VW resigns over something he quite possibly new nothing about does not make him innocent and he fell as a result. His watch, man in charge must take responsibility... I am talking to splatter features not you i hasten to add ;)

For anyone interested these seem to be the offences he's being investigated in relation to:

Art. 138

1. Any person who for his own or another's unlawful gain appropriates

moveable property belonging to another but entrusted to him,  any person who makes unlawful use of financial assets entrusted to him for his own or another's benefit, is liable to a custodial sentence not exceeding five years or to a monetary penalty.

Misappropriation to the detriment of a relative or family member is

prosecuted only on complaint.

2. Any person who commits the foregoing offence in his capacity as a

member of a public authority, or as a public official, guardian, adviser,

professional asset manager, or in the practice of a profession or a trade

or the execution of a commercial transaction for which he has been

authorised by a public authority, is liable to a custodial sentence not

exceeding ten years or to a monetary penalty

Art. 158

1. Any person who by law, an official order, a legal transaction or

authorisation granted to him, has been entrusted with the management

of the property of another or the supervision of such management, and

in the course of and in breach of his duties causes or permits that other

person to sustain financial loss is liable to a custodial sentence not

exceeding three years or to a monetary penalty.

Any person who acts in the same manner in his capacity as the manager

of a business but without specific instructions is liable to the same

penalty.

If the offender acts with a view to securing an unlawful financial gain

for himself or another, a custodial sentence of from one to five years

may be imposed.

2. Any person who, with a view to securing an unlawful gain for

himself or another, abuses the authority granted to him by statute, an

official order or a legal transaction to act on behalf of another and as a

result causes that other person to sustain financial loss is liable to a

custodial sentence not exceeding five years or to a monetary penalty.

3. Criminal mismanagement to the detriment of a relative or family

member is prosecuted only on complaint.

https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classified-compilation/19370083/201501010000/311.0.pdf

I do like that word 'misappropriation' .. it has that delightfully negative smelling connotation of a pigs trough. 

And in this context I would like to suggest it fits the short fat little bar steward perfectly. In fact he is so short he could sleep in one and indeed he has of course in the metaphoric sense; of that I am sure most of us have no doubt.

I reckon he's the sort of bloke who will drop a whole shedload of his bent cronies in the brown stuff in order to get off as lightly as he can.

I really hope that smug shite Platini is implicated.

I have watched interviews on French TV where Platini, with as straight a face as he can manage, has confirmed that he voted for Qatar for 'purely footballing reasons'!

I have also heard Beckenbauer allude to the same - he, of course, declined to be interviewed for the yet to be disclosed FIFA report. 

I have watched interviews on French TV where Platini, with as straight a face as he can manage, has confirmed that he voted for Qatar for 'purely footballing reasons'!

I have also heard Beckenbauer allude to the same - he, of course, declined to be interviewed for the yet to be disclosed FIFA report. 

I sincerely hope, if nothing else, this news derails Plartfartini's bid for the top job. 

As for Beckenbauer; he might find himself in the brown stuff soon.. that will truly rock football if he is.

I am sure Splatter will not be the last.

I sincerely hope, if nothing else, this news derails Plartfartini's bid for the top job. 

As for Beckenbauer; he might find himself in the brown stuff soon.. that will truly rock football if he is.

On this the day they announced the dates for Qatar...coincidence.?

I think that England should apply to host Sepp Blatter's prison sentence ( if /when found guilty ) 

The FA were the first to say that the World Cup bidding was bollocks, reckon his fellow (potential) prisoners would make him feel welcome..probably..

if it went to a bidding process ,don't think old Sepp would be as keen on either Qatar or Russia .

If I was Russia I'm sure that I would give serious consideration to shelving all financially significant capital projects for the WC because it's far from certain that FIFA will even survive the next 6 and a half years.

It's my own guess that it won't and that there will be a breakaway federation formed, particularly if top brass from UEFA are involved. It has already happened in England (on a much lesser scale albeit with a monumental impact) with the formation of the Premier League outside of the football league. I don't think it's long until European Clubs have the cojones for it as a collective and maybe to operate outside the current structure. Do that and they might as well constitute and regulate it themselves  

If I was Russia I'm sure that I would give serious consideration to shelving all financially significant capital projects for the WC because it's far from certain that FIFA will even survive the next 6 and a half years.

It's my own guess that it won't and that there will be a breakaway federation formed, particularly if top brass from UEFA are involved. It has already happened in England (on a much lesser scale albeit with a monumental impact) with the formation of the Premier League outside of the football league. I don't think it's long until European Clubs have the cojones for it as a collective and maybe to operate outside the current structure. Do that and they might as well constitute and regulate it themselves  

Russia are due to host in 2018 so don't have that long to wait.

Agree with the rest though - my hope is FIFA is now dispanded, it is clearly corrupt from top to bottom and unfit for purpose. Its name will be forever tainted.

Archived