IGNORED

bottom 3

Roger Red Hat

Suppose in a way this should give us hope, we are all trying to find our feet and learn about the differences we are finding in the Championship. At least one of us aren't streaking miles away from the others. We have been heavily critical/mildly concerned about our lack of recruitment during the summer, right now I guess it proves MK and Preston were as bad as us? 

Having seen the MK highlights it's like watching us! Much gusto in attack but indiscipline and mistakes go punished at the first, second and third opportunity. I think all three teams are suffering a massive reality check that you have to raise the bar to the standard expected. Whether that be through bringing in more experienced players or bulking out the squad to provided competiton and rotation...

oh hang on. 

Having seen the MK highlights it's like watching us! Much gusto in attack but indiscipline and mistakes go punished at the first, second and third opportunity. I think all three teams are suffering a massive reality check that you have to raise the bar to the standard expected. Whether that be through bringing in more experienced players or bulking out the squad to provided competiton and rotation...

oh hang on. 

Looks like we're gonna thrash each other 3-3 then....

All 3 promoted sides have lost influential players from last season & failed to replace them with anything as good. Some were on loan like Matt Smith, while others have moved out like Dele Alli at MK. Perhaps they have all been unprepared for the wages demanded at this level, players knowing that a large number of clubs are gambling on spending big to make it to the Premier League for increased TV spoils & parachute payments  even if they are relegated straight back down.

Our squad is smaller than last year & some of the higher wage  players have moved on I.e. JET & Cunningham so it's hard to believe we are paying more in wages than last season despite a larger income with a bigger capacity & more season ticket holders. 

Surely Steve Lansdown & Cotterill must know that going straight back to League 1 would be a financial disaster with a newly built 27000 capacity stadium sitting more than half empty? 

All 3 promoted sides have lost influential players from last season & failed to replace them with anything as good. Some were on loan like Matt Smith, while others have moved out like Dele Alli at MK. Perhaps they have all been unprepared for the wages demanded at this level, players knowing that a large number of clubs are gambling on spending big to make it to the Premier League for increased TV spoils & parachute payments  even if they are relegated straight back down.

Our squad is smaller than last year & some of the higher wage  players have moved on I.e. JET & Cunningham so it's hard to believe we are paying more in wages than last season despite a larger income with a bigger capacity & more season ticket holders. 

Surely Steve Lansdown & Cotterill must know that going straight back to League 1 would be a financial disaster with a newly built 27000 capacity stadium sitting more than half empty? 

Yes I agree. I was always unclear why we were chasing the likes of Gayle et al when we could have picked up Matt Smith at a fraction of the cost, it would have only taken an acceptable bid.. I also believe not offering JET a contract was a huge mistake and allowing Karleigh Osborne to move when we are not able to fill a full bench was a strange one. Cunningham was allowed to leave because we got the right money for  player that had a year to go and was unhappy as a bit part player...However Kodjia is a great buy and our performances have been decent, I am hopeful that we will have a good season once we get a home win under our belts.

SL and SC are very much aware relegation is not an option, but they expect far more than just fourth from bottom and to be frank so do I 

Archived