IGNORED

Poppy Appeal - City Badges

54-46

Good evening

Sorry to say I've been unable to source any additional City Poppy badges. The chap at the Legion who orders supplies says he has been unable to get hold of the person who used to supply them and thinks they may have gone out of business.  

He will keep trying and I will post again if the situation changes, but given there is only one more home game between now and 11/11 it's looking unlikely I would be able to get any to you in good time. 

I'm very sorry to let anyone down who had hoped to get one.  

On a separate note, I'll be at Tesco Golden Hill with my tin and poppies on weekend mornings between now and 11th.  If you're passing, please feel free to give me any loose change you can spare. 

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Good evening

Sorry to say I've been unable to source any additional City Poppy badges. The chap at the Legion who orders supplies says he has been unable to get hold of the person who used to supply them and thinks they may have gone out of business.  

He will keep trying and I will post again if the situation changes, but given there is only one more home game between now and 11/11 it's looking unlikely I would be able to get any to you in good time. 

I'm very sorry to let anyone down who had hoped to get one.  

On a separate note, I'll be at Tesco Golden Hill with my tin and poppies on weekend mornings between now and 11th.  If you're passing, please feel free to give me any loose change you can spare. 

Thank you for trying to get some again and for letting us know on here.

The Royal British Legion sell a few different ones (not football ones) on here if anyone is interested.

6 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

They aren't a fashion accessory and 100% less costs should be going to charity. 

Please don't buy poppy related merchandise from people using rememberance day as a profit making opportunity. 

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They aren't a fashion accessory and 100% less costs should be going to charity. 

Please don't buy poppy related merchandise from people using rememberance day as a profit making opportunity. 

If you read this properly you would see it goes to supporting ex soldiers who have mental problems and/or are homeless. Goggle once we were soldiers the 10% goes to them and I was not condoning profit making orgs, but just saying where these badges that are not now available can be obtained, if someone wants one. It's entirely up to them.

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

If you read this properly you would see it goes to supporting ex soldiers who have mental problems and/or are homeless. Goggle once we were soldiers the 10% goes to them and I was not condoning profit making orgs, but just saying where these badges that are not now available can be obtained, if someone wants one. It's entirely up to them.

I did read it properly. 10% donations mean that whoever is selling them is making a profit from Poppy Day merchandise, which is wrong, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I did read it properly. 10% donations mean that whoever is selling them is making a profit from Poppy Day merchandise, which is wrong, IMO. 

Ok, you know I agree with you, but I was just showing supporters who wanted one, where they were available, so as I said before, it's entirely up to them if they want one.  These badges will alway's be kept and then sold on for a profit or even a loss on ebay, I din't agree with it either, but it's unfortunately the way of the World, if collectors want them they will pay for them.  The answer is for the British Legion or whoever makes them to supply more and then the money will go to the Legion but minus production costs, I am sure.

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Ok, you know I agree with you, but I was just showing supporters who wanted one, where they were available, so as I said before, it's entirely up to them if they want one.  These badges will alway's be kept and then sold on for a profit or even a loss on ebay, I din't agree with it either, but it's unfortunately the way of the World, if collectors want them they will pay for them.  The answer is for the British Legion or whoever makes them to supply more and then the money will go to the Legion but minus production costs, I am sure.

I know, I wasn't picking at you. 

Archived