IGNORED

Joe Cole

JBFC II

Shola Ameobi might be a decent all-round player, holding up the ball, linking play etc... I'm not sure, but what we do know is he's a garbage goalscorer.

53 goals in 312 games... 10 of which were penalties.

There are defenders with better records.

Overall double the amount of goals, I heard the same argument about Ewbanks Blake last year remember him?.

Well, it's nowhere near 'double the amount of goals' - Wilbs scored 92 in 17 seasons before joining us, for clubs like Stockport, Oldham and MK Dons.

Ameobi scored the majority of his 53 goals from the subs bench in the premier league, and also champions league goals.

Nothing against Wilbs by the way, I love the guy...

Shola Ameobi might be a decent all-round player, holding up the ball, linking play etc... I'm not sure, but what we do know is he's a garbage goalscorer.

53 goals in 312 games... 10 of which were penalties.

There are defenders with better records.

players with good stats/records don't sign for teams like Bristol City, the quicker we start realising that the better.

Bizarrely enough I will never forget this goal as I was in the pub having a conversation with Mark little (Joe Mangel) about Shakespeare at the time....  

Almost came to blows with him in Bar Latino circa 2003. He was performing at the hippodrome at the time. Blast from the past! 

Almost came to blows with him in Bar Latino circa 2003. He was performing at the hippodrome at the time. Blast from the past! 

Really? Do tell? Came across as a really nice bloke when I met him. As he walked into the pub we started singing "Mangel get the beers!, Mangel, Mangel get the beers!" and he got a round in for about 15 of us.

Never mind all this Joe Cole pif pof. Was Bouncer there?? Please say yes.

Unfortunately not. My life would have been complete if so.

It's quite amusing that just about every 'name' player that becomes available is rejected by a lot on here.

Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Shola Ameobi, Joe Cole, Albert Adomah etc...

Forget wages, they have all been turned down by the sages on here for being 'too old,' of 'dubious character,' 'too slow,' 'past it' etc etc.

People seem to forget one of our best players last season is 34.

Oh well, let's just sit back and watch Barton boss games for Burnley and it looks like Shola may be going to Bolton, he'll score goals.

Nolan has turned down a move to France and we'll prob watch him dominate our midfield for a championship club at some point this season, and Cole's technical ability will light up another championship team.

All not good enough for us.

I totally get why we should avoid overrated journeymen but guys like these four have done it in the premier league for years. They are all homegrown English guys who really get our game.

And yes, we can afford them, but that doesn't matter because they 'ain't good enough for Bristol City'...

Exactly!

Really? Do tell? Came across as a really nice bloke when I met him. As he walked into the pub we started singing "Mangel get the beers!, Mangel, Mangel get the beers!" and he got a round in for about 15 of us.

Unfortunately not. My life would have been complete if so.

To be fair Cider Manc... I was probably to blame..I had spikey hair at the time and he called me a 'porcupine****'..hahaha..the next thing I knew, we were rolling over the seats, grappling each other!..good times. He probably always was a decent bloke! 

Can remember watching him when he was a teenager tearing Liverpool's midfield a new one at Anfield and even though West Ham still lost I thought they had a hell of a player on their hands.

Sadly he will go down as another England player who never reached full potential.

To be fair, it's not hard to tear Liverpool's midfield a new one

Archived