IGNORED

Substitutions

Youngish

Thought we were set up okay from the start today, but the decisions on the subs blew it for us.

Williams for Bryan - Joe was doing fine on the left, and this substitution ended all threat down that side.

Robinson for Freeman - why?

Little not being taken off despite clearly being knackered after 60 minutes. Wagstaff would've been a fine replacement for someone who was very obviously struggling to keep up, both offensively and defensively. Cotterill's bizarre refusal to trust Waggy cost us the win today.

Thought we were set up okay from the start today, but the decisions on the subs blew it for us.

Williams for Bryan - Joe was doing fine on the left, and this substitution ended all threat down that side.

Little not being taken off despite clearly being knackered after 60 minutes. Wagstaff would've been a fine replacement for someone who was very obviously struggling to keep up, both offensively and defensively. Cotterill's bizarre refusal to trust Waggy cost us the win today.

Disagree thought JB had a rare off day today, also though Freeman was shocking however Robinson is no better. 

Totally agree, can't see what Little brings to the team except legs, no quality at all and just runs dark alleys.

Disagree thought JB had a rare off day today, also though Freeman was shocking however Robinson is no better. 

Totally agree, can't see what Little brings to the team except legs, no quality at all and just runs dark alleys.

I thought Freeman along with kodjia were the only pkayers making things happen in the 2nd half. Thought he played well. Agree on Joe and little though.

I actually didn't mind the substitutions. Joe had a quiet day and Williams offers, in theory, a better defensive option. Agard for Wilbraham was welcome for me but unfortunately we continued to play the long ball even with Agard on and didn't keep possession. Callum for Freeman wasn't terrible as we needed fresh legs and Freeman was poor as well. Maybe Wagstaff would've been better but thought Freeman should go.

Think where the subs failed was when we clearly locked up shop at half and didn't put the correct personnel on and did not play a counter attack type team. 

Little is way way way out of his depth at this level.Has no awareness where he or the man he is supposed to be marking is. Letting the player come inside without a challenge is criminal.Agree also that Joe was poor today and Freeman seems a stone or so heavier and a yard slower than last year.

Williams for Bryan - Thought Joe was doing well enough considering the points I'll make later.

Robinson for Freeman - Freeman wasn't overly effective and struggled to make a real impact, however the engine was still there and he was all over the pitch.

The real problem, Wilbraham and Kodjia are both players who can't play 90 minutes, meaning to effectively close down and have options to release pressure further up the pitch we would need to sub both, taking up 2 of our subs. As mentioned Little didn't look fit enough to play 90 either, often after he ran forward he wasn't tracking back quickly leaving the flank exposed. The one thing we couldn't afford today was to lose our work rate which allowed MK to just keep attacking, we needed the fitness to be ably to play higher up.

I thought the substitutions were fine, although Agard should have been brought on sooner. Freeman had another poor game so I was pleased when Robinson came on because I thought it might help us keep the ball. Bryan had been booked and wasn't his usual effective self.

I'd have taken Wilbs off earlier and brought on Agard, all we seemed to do was whack it at Wilbs' head and the odd flick on came to nuffin.

No point just giving Agard 9 minutes, he was a lot more able to close down their defenders than Wilbs and needed more time on the pitch to make any difference.

I'd have given Wes a run as well, with his pace he would have been a good outlet because we were being swamped in the second half.

Little didn't offer much and Joe coming off was the right decision, he looked off the pace and ineffective today.

The pressure is starting to build now, a lot of people on here said lets see where we are after 10 games before we judge. Well, here we are, bottom....but it's still tight, we are after all only five points from 13th place.

But our next three games look horrible....

I thought all three subs were fine in terms of the performances of the players brought off today.

would probably have persevered with Bryan longer, as he and Spence cancelled each other out.

i would've taken Wilbs off on the hour, and given Agard a run.  Did think Agard and Kodjia didn't communicate well in terms of splitting the defence and allowed them easy possession.

Freeman did some nice stuff today, but also guilty of sloppy play and trying extravagant stuff when in too many tight areas. Lack and Reid similarly guilty today.

Baker, my MOTM today, followed by Kodjia. Reid very encouraging despite above comment.  Get Korey in for Pack, he's just tonnes better.

We all see things differently. I personally would not have subbed Joe for Williams. Two reasons, at least with Joe who granted was off his game but we looked more positive and I would also have left the defence alone. Adding Williams just seemed to have confused them. I thought Flint , who was uncharistically rattled today, and Baker looked a good pairing and Ayling looked comfortable going forward too. 

Agard, or Wes, or both could have been introduced 15 or 20 minutes earlier. Yes I probably would have taken off a tiring and increasingly ineffective Wilbs, but am horrified to hear he has taken abuse. He doesn't deserve that.

We all see things differently. I personally would not have subbed Joe for Williams. Two reasons, at least with Joe who granted was off his game but we looked more positive and I would also have left the defence alone. Adding Williams just seemed to have confused them. I thought Flint , who was uncharistically rattled today, and Baker looked a good pairing and Ayling looked comfortable going forward too. 

Agard, or Wes, or both could have been introduced 15 or 20 minutes earlier. Yes I probably would have taken off a tiring and increasingly ineffective Wilbs, but am horrified to hear he has taken abuse. He doesn't deserve that.

Wilbo taken abuse....Really! Now hat is simply not on!

Everything you said would seem pretty accurate to me...

Joe Bryan looked like he was carrying a knock, he wasn't playing great. The other two were strange. I agree personally I would have brought waggy on for little and aggard for wilbs. Timing is important too. Are subs are coming on to late, it seems like SC is blaming aggard for the goal as he mentioned we had fresh legs on that side to track Powell down. All in all a poor second half which is a shame as boy did we need 3 points

.Thought we were set up okay from the start today, but the decisions on the subs blew it for us.

look there are lots of other things  you might want to moan at the gaffa about regarding subs, formations etcy but waggy is the wrong battle to pick

he isnt fit full stop move on.

Bryan had a poor game and looked disinterested at times, bringing Williams on was an obvious sub to make yesterday.

Didn't agree with taking Freeman off, although he wasn't near his best, he was the only midfield player running the ball out of defence and relieving pressure. Pack and Reid kept giving the ball away inside our own half, and after Freeman was taken off the play rarely left our half.

Wagstaff is injured .

Agree with all this. I'd probably go a bit further and have taken Wilbs off at the hour mark.

I saw him try to go for a loose ball that was 5 paces from him and about 10 from the nearest Dongs player about that time: the MK man got there first.

We played most of that half with 10 men effectively. .

Agree with all this. I'd probably go a bit further and have taken Wilbs off at the hour mark.

I saw him try to go for a loose ball that was 5 paces from him and about 10 from the nearest Dongs player about that time: the MK man got there first.

We played most of that half with 10 men effectively. .

Most of the game with Wilbs playing in my opinion, brings us very little compared to other options

Most of the game with Wilbs playing in my opinion, brings us very little compared to other options

Although I'm with Red M in that abusing one of our players is disgraceful,  I'm in the majority camp in saying Wilbs should not be in the  starting line-up. 

Impact sub for 20 minutes perhaps.

Archived