IGNORED

Dolman Half time

Turbored

Anyone got any idea why they wouldn't sell anything until halftime whistle had blown? My Mrs went down for the loo just after half time and was gone ages as apparently there was a protest going on and couldn't get back Into the seating areas as these were being blocked off.

Cant sell alcohol till first half ends.

So loads of people like me just wanted a cup of tea stood at the back of  a queue going nowhere because alcohol could not be served.

So you would think that if they cannot serve the alcohol they would at least pour dozens of pints to make the serving process quicker. But they didn't.

Five games in this isn't teething problems it is stupidity.

And to cap it when I finally got my cup of tea - having joined the queue within seconds of first half finishing - 10 minutes after the 2nd half started, by then there was about 50 pints lined up with nobody to buy them.

Yes, stupidity.

So far this season I have failed to get a half time drink in the Dolman at each home game.  In an attempt to put thing right today, I headed to the bar a few minutes before half time only to find massive queues already in place. By the time I got within touching distance of the front, the teams were back out for the second half so I gave up.

The moral of the story? It's not possible to get a half time drink in the Dolman unless you leave well before half time or miss the start of the second half. Oh well, not my lost revenue and my liver got a slight rest.

Was talking to a guy in the concourse  before kick off and he was a Stoke City fan and first and only time visitor, and was asking if the stadium management actually had a clue what they were doing regarding the food/ drink queues. He said it was a disgrace and the club are treating its fans so badly , given the facilities we obviously have. We are still miles away from the matchday experience that everyone craves and outsiders are obviously gobsmacked that we stand for it.

The Sports Bar & Grill was a mess too...

Due to the discounts you get, you end with stupid amounts of change, and they were running out of change left right and centre. Paying by card is the way to go.

And I don't think they've had much training, one guy didn't know what ale was, one girl was very confused when there was no ale coming out of the pumps, and they all seemed confused using the tills. There was enough staff behind the bar just not working efficiently.

I went to Fulham a couple of years back and they had a big out door bar with beers all lined up and ready to drink at half time. I think with that plot of land by dolman/atyeo (where you see away fans) you could have a fantastic outside drinking space where u could just rock up and get a beer there's also space for an old style kiosk that could sell tea/coffee and that could elevate the outlets In The concourse who could then focus on food

So loads of people like me just wanted a cup of tea stood at the back of  a queue going nowhere because alcohol could not be served.

So you would think that if they cannot serve the alcohol they would at least pour dozens of pints to make the serving process quicker. But they didn't.

And to cap it when I finally got my cup of tea - having joined the queue within seconds of first half finishing - 10 minutes after the 2nd half started, by then there was about 50 pints lined up with nobody to buy them.

Yes, stupidity.

Get your facts straight.......

The law says you can't serve alcohol in sight of the pitch. You can serve alcohol anytime, as long as it ain't in sight of the pitch while the match is on.

I went to Fulham a couple of years back and they had a big out door bar with beers all lined up and ready to drink at half time. I think with that plot of land by dolman/atyeo (where you see away fans) you could have a fantastic outside drinking space where u could just rock up and get a beer there's also space for an old style kiosk that could sell tea/coffee and that could elevate the outlets In The concourse who could then focus on food

I could be wrong but I believe the legislation which prevents booze being served at football dictates 'drinking alcohol in sight of the pitch' or something to that effect, which could well rule that out. 

Not pouring in advance is simply stupid. I'm not sure who is losing out though. Does the club run these areas and take a cut or do they simply rent out the kiosk? 

Yes we can sell alcohol at any time but the club choose not to.

I would wager my last penny that this is not the case. At its simplest even if we wanted to I would be amazed if the licence to serve alcohol at Ashton Gate didn't itself exclude during a football match. 

Edit - maybe a whoosh moment...? 

Apart from a dismal display, I am not very impressed by the off the field activities.

20 minutes to get a Cup of tea before the match started.

At least ten minutes before we get into the concourse from row 25 of South Stand .

Gates to Raynes Rd stll locked then.

Will this football club ever get anything right?

Still half way through re build etc but signs are worrying in dolman. Queuing system needed desperately. Staff are slow beyond belief. Que for toilets and food end up mixing as both are so long. Teething problems maybe but we need to see some of these being ironed out now as waiting 20 minutes for a coffee at 2.15 isn't acceptable. Concourse looks bare as well. Are match day experience is being affected along with profits for the club. Many aren't bothering with food/drink at half time now because it takes 25 minutes minimum.

Surely they can pre-pour alcohol.

They must have a rough idea of how much each outlet is selling.

I thought BS had entered into a partnership with some fancy stock control software company?

The whole layout of the bars / toilets seems wrong to me, much too close together, leave the toilets where they are and move the bars to the back of the Dolman concourse where the fabled market street is supposed to be.

None of this however will be a problem next season when the new Williams is open, and attendances are around 12,000.

Yes, stupidity.

You queued for 25 minutes and missed 10 minutes of the game just for a cup of tea?!

I thought BS had entered into a partnership with some fancy stock control software company?

The whole layout of the bars / toilets seems wrong to me, much too close together, leave the toilets where they are and move the bars to the back of the Dolman concourse where the fabled market street is supposed to be.

None of this however will be a problem next season when the new Williams is open, and attendances are around 12,000.

I bet it will be exactly the same when the new Williams is open as I expect it will probably follow the same design with the same amount of outlets. I really hope it doesn't though 

Archived