IGNORED

Fed Up As The Next Man!

REDOXO

But really, cheap options, Lansdowns fault, SC is useless at this level, closed season debacle, players not good enough, league 1 awaits et al. Al in other threads.

In case it has been missed we are having a whole new ground built and would have had a stadium to rival anyone in the West but not for a complete debacle of a court case. SL can hardly be accused of being cheap! 

If we keep losing football match's it well eventually come back on the Excs to make decisions, but playing well in the first half and being diabolical in the second is Hardly the fault of a bloke who by law is only allowed to be in the country for 53 days a year

SC has been here before under different circumstances and has experience of the division...However with the best will in the world he needs to get some results before Christmas to help with confidence on the pitch, but particularly on here

Which players are not good enough and when they are identified will they ever become good enough, or are any past it? Not sure who is not good enough (and never will be)...Certainly we have leaked goals from set pieces and not converted a big enough % of chances, but there are plenty of good signs too...Kodjia getting better by the game, we did not concede from a deadball etc

This team is well capable of getting themselves going and moving up the league and to be frank we may only be two players away from being a force...Plus a win away from being 17th-18th

Missing the United Bloke the Hull bloke the Brentford bloke and the Palace bloke in the closed early season was a blow...Mainly because they dont want to come to our City and play for a club that is trying to establish itself...Get used to it...W have to o that ourelves before the Likes of Gayle will come...Now how much is Codger worth already?

We have a team a ground a manager and a major shareholder who between them give us a mass of potential its a matter of the extra jigsaw pieces

So I will ask...who of Fielding, Freeman Bryan Little Reid Flint Williams Kodjia Ayling Smith (the loanees) Wes Agard (who cant get a kick) Is not and never will be good enough for this level? (The forum that said Ricky Lambert would never make it and Wilbo was a wan k signing among many brilliant insights should decide)

Yes I am having a lousy evening too, but this could all change quickly 

For my own tupence we need to see more of Agard and Wes and hopefully Corey soon and if I were gong to ask the question it would be why are we sticking to Codger and Wilbo...Anyone know....Anyway back to depression and dreams of a home win!

I agree with all you say. And I also strongly believe we are good enough to stay in this division and with SC at the helm. However I can't excuse SC's performance today. I do the players because I think he let them down and the way he set us up contributed to our inevitable goal against. 

- I am assuming of course that the players didn't take it upon themselves to play the second half in such a manner. I want to assume that because if that is wrong then SC will be a dead man walking imo. 

SC has been here before under different circumstances and has experience of the division...However with the best will in the world he needs to get some results before Christmas to help with confidence on the pitch, but particularly on here

I would say within the the next 5 games or he is gone myself. With the best will in the world, if we have not won a game within the next five games then even his biggest fan has to think he should go. 15 games with only one win and not changing it would be SL biggest mistake of all and he has made some whoppers in the past.

We were a minute away from saying we had won ugly, turning point, blah blah blah. Yes it is very thin lines. Equally, we played very badly in the second half. Just seemed to be no confidence what so ever. That is the most wrorrying thing.

If's but's and maybe's mean very little in any walk of life but especially football.

We were a minute away from saying we had won ugly, turning point, blah blah blah. Yes it is very thin lines. Equally, we played very badly in the second half. Just seemed to be no confidence what so ever. That is the most wrorrying thing.

And yet at half time we were 45 minutes from a relatively comfortable home victory. 

It simply cannot (IMO) be even partially excusable to say we were 1 minute away from holding on to MK Dons at home given how the first half went. This is one of those fixtures SC should've considered 3 points in the back pocket, and even more so at half time. 

Instead he got nervous. My biggest worry is does this suggest a lack of trust in him of the team to see out a game by playing with any sort of intent. 

It's the first time I've honestly questioned him today. There was simply nothing justifiable or sane about the way we approached the second half. I'm very far from some of those who would put a points target on him to keep his job, but I would agree he cannot perform like he did today on too many occasions whilst we are in the position we (I would still argue underservedly) find ourselves in. 

Hardly the fault of a bloke who by law is only allowed to be in the country for 53 days a year

Not strictly true, by law he can be in the country as long as he wants. He just chooses not to for tax reasons (a decision I would probably make in similar circumstances!).

But I agree yesterday's result is not down to him.

Archived