IGNORED

Exit gate locked again after match

Slack Bladder

Are there parallels here:-

Prepare to pay top dollar to buy a player yet offer lower than competitive wages.

Spend millions on new facilities yet fail to do the necessary training and logistics prior to opening. How difficult can it be to at the very least organise a queue? And talking of queues I thought they were supposed to be a thing of the past with a supply line well in excess of suffering bottlenecks? 

I trust systems software and logistics did go out to full and proper tender? I mean that is a given right? If that is not the case then frankly somebody needs to lose their job over it. There are ZERO excuses for a system that could and should have had proper tendering, full and proper off site demonstration, soft opening, corrective training and full opening. I am not even in the business but that much is basic common sense. Surely the club did ALL of that no? if all of these reports are true, and nobody should have any reason to doubt you guys, then any form of excuse for messing this up is simply not acceptable because it was all completely avoidable. Such is society these days:- "we must ensure this never happens again" That line is pathetic and defeatist and useless.

Bit like the USA; spend a trillion dollars executing a war in Iraq then fail to understand or deal with the 'peace'.

There are many similar parallels. 

Of course.. the club may have a valid excuse for all of this!!!!! 

I said a similar thing weeks ago and got slated by some on here. The running of the new stadium is incompetent.

larger queues than ever,

untrained staff.

Exit gates locked (Raynes road)

No handrails to upper rows in South Stand

We have had 5 home games not counting the Rugby games to improve some of these issues 

who is the stadium manager ! Anyone know

I think part of the problem is that getting to the concourse is so much easier than when it was accessing the DEH so lots more people are using it.

Also, it doesn't help that each concession stand sells everything.

If some only sold hot drinks and food and others only beer that could be pre poured), there will probably be more people getting what they want in a timely manner.

That is shocking.

And if anything does happen, God forbid, we'll hear it all from the club. "Unfortunate accident", "Individual errors", "Lessons to be learned for the future"...

Why can't they learn their bloody lessons in advance?

It's not as simple as opening a gate. You need to locate the key which is no doubt in a locked safe for which you need to, er ...... locate the keyholder. The keyholder and gate steward then need to visit the key safe and retrieve the key. The gate steward probably has to sign for it triplicate. Only then can the gate steward attend and open said gate.

Gates locked (twice), turnstiles shut, cherry picker blocking views, queues for food outlets, run out of certain items, excess drinks poured and wasted at half time, that's just the south stand. Whoever is in charge should be sacked.

I said a similar thing weeks ago and got slated by some on here. The running of the new stadium is incompetent.

larger queues than ever,

untrained staff.

Exit gates locked (Raynes road)

No handrails to upper rows in South Stand

We have had 5 home games not counting the Rugby games to improve some of these issues 

who is the stadium manager ! Anyone know

stadium project development manager is Pete Smith, use to play football with him for Isle of Wedmore. We took him to his first game, he was briefly the City cat but wasn't the City cat during the Wolfie and the piggy fight, been matey with Jon Landsdown for awhile now. As for stadiums he studied history at university, so please tell me how he got the city job of being stadium development manager? 

stadium project development manager is Pete Smith, use to play football with him for Isle of Wedmore. We took him to his first game, he was briefly the City cat but wasn't the City cat during the Wolfie and the piggy fight, been matey with Jon Landsdown for awhile now. As for stadiums he studied history at university, so please tell me how he got the city job of being stadium development manager? 

Surely he's just project manager. You don't need a Wembley architect for that. 

From the BS website: An awful lot of Cheifs and Heads there, but in answer to who is stadium manager my guess is Mark Kelly

Executive Chairman: Martin Griffiths
Chief Executive: Andrew Billingham
Directors: Chris Booy, Andrew Billingham, Keith Dawe, Martin Griffiths, Jon Lansdown

EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT
Executive Chairman: Martin Griffiths
Chief Executive: Andrew Billingham
Chief Stadium Operating Officer: Mark Kelly
Chief Communications Officer: Lisa Knights
Chief Technology Officer: Frazer Halliday

MANAGEMENT
Head of Commercial Partnerships: Suzanne Roper
Head of Marketing: Matthew Joy
Head of Supporter Services: Kay McGinty
Head of Retail: Luke Palmer
Head of Communications: Adam Baker
Digital Media Manager: Richard Pepper
Media Manager: Tom Tainton
Business Development Manager: Jemma Hall
Stadium Development Project Manager: Peter Smith

Are there parallels here:-

Prepare to pay top dollar to buy a player yet offer lower than competitive wages.

Spend millions on new facilities yet fail to do the necessary training and logistics prior to opening. How difficult can it be to at the very least organise a queue? And talking of queues I thought they were supposed to be a thing of the past with a supply line well in excess of suffering bottlenecks? 

I trust systems software and logistics did go out to full and proper tender? I mean that is a given right? If that is not the case then frankly somebody needs to lose their job over it. There are ZERO excuses for a system that could and should have had proper tendering, full and proper off site demonstration, soft opening, corrective training and full opening. I am not even in the business but that much is basic common sense. Surely the club did ALL of that no? if all of these reports are true, and nobody should have any reason to doubt you guys, then any form of excuse for messing this up is simply not acceptable because it was all completely avoidable. Such is society these days:- "we must ensure this never happens again" That line is pathetic and defeatist and useless.

Bit like the USA; spend a trillion dollars executing a war in Iraq then fail to understand or deal with the 'peace'.

There are many similar parallels. 

Of course.. the club may have a valid excuse for all of this!!!!! 

All fur coat and no knickers

I had an email reply from David Storr " Head of Safety and Security" who says

Thanks for your email, I was made aware of this after the game and we have already addressed this with our stewarding company.  I will personally check in future that this gate is unlocked and opened during the second half ready for the end of the game.

• SC&T Board Members

I had an email reply from David Storr " Head of Safety and Security" who says

Thanks for your email, I was made aware of this after the game and we have already addressed this with our stewarding company.  I will personally check in future that this gate is unlocked and opened during the second half ready for the end of the game.

That's what I call a good, clear and informative response from someone taking responsibility on themselves to ensure that something is done.

Well done, Mr Storr. BS colleagues please take note.

Archived