IGNORED

Bristol Sport

bs3

Rugby failed again to win promotion . Womens team relagated( did they even win a match), City are at the foot of the table with a dismal preformance against the 2nd from bottom, Gloucestershire has nothing to do with Bristol Sport. 

I don't need to simmer down I'm not angry just disappointed.

Don't belive the hype  ( or should I say corporate bullsh1t)

As much as i respect SL for his investment and time, 51% fan ownership (for both us and the rugby) in my opinion is where we should be aiming.

51% fan ownership? Where would the fans get the multi millions to buy a 51% share in the club? I can't see Steve L giving away half of the club, and if he did how would he identify the "fans", to whom he would give it to? Fan ownership usually works with small clubs, where the fans buy an equal share and have equal voting rights. Giving 51% away would mean that Steve L would have millions invested in the club but would have no control over how it was spent. Although he's made some poor decisions over the years he's not that  crazy!

51% fan ownership? Where would the fans get the multi millions to buy a 51% share in the club? I can't see Steve L giving away half of the club, and if he did how would he identify the "fans", to whom he would give it to? Fan ownership usually works with small clubs, where the fans buy an equal share and have equal voting rights. Giving 51% away would mean that Steve L would have millions invested in the club but would have no control over how it was spent. Although he's made some poor decisions over the years he's not that  crazy!

Just a dream to be fair. But if it was ever possible then it should be looked at seriously. 

Yes the idea of a professional football club sharing certain back office functions with other sports is doomed to failure.

Just ask Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Monaco, Spartak Moscow,  Galatasaray etc etc etc....

Funnily enough, three of these clubs you name are fan owned too. The most successful three too I may add. 

Easy to blame Bristol sport for everything, they haven't helped themselves with a poor summer recruitment wise but generally its a good way of running a club. The whole stadium project is massive to be playing in a stadium whilst being re vamped is a logistical nightmare, it with out doubt takes focus away from the football playing on the pitch. Fingers crossed we stay up this season and have a better close season. To have a 27,000 seater stadium is amazing but we really need to be in championship.

Womens football team relagated, Basketball team on a 5 game losing strike, City bottom ofthe table, Bristol Rugby biggest under acheviers in Rugby, What is Lansdown doing wrong.

To many fingers in to many pies in my opinion.

what nonsense.  You think the basketball team lose because Steve also owns the rugby club?  

I have no problem with the concept of Bristol Sport, but there appears to be areas where promises made are not being fulfilled.

Positive messages about a new bar being opened, or some steel for our new Stand being in place, are communicated rapidly, which is not the same with fans concerns, gates being locked, speed of service etc....

As a wheelchair user, I raised a question about promoting the new improved wheelchair facilities for the Andrew Billingham Q and A, which was answered with I will certainly look at this, as far as I can see this has resulted in nothing.  

So there appears to be a reluctance to share this positive, so I hope individual  queries raised by this group of supporters are not being ignored.

Rugby failed again to win promotion . Womens team relagated( did they even win a match), City are at the foot of the table with a dismal preformance against the 2nd from bottom, Gloucestershire has nothing to do with Bristol Sport. 

I don't need to simmer down I'm not angry just disappointed.

Don't belive the hype  ( or should I say corporate bullsh1t)

Bristol Sport do back Gloucestershire actually, financially and through advertising. However work is ongoing to get Gloucestershire under the Bristol Sport banner

I think it's unfair to blame Steve Lansdown for all that has gone wrong. He appoints, what appears to be good managers at the time, and let's them get on with it. He's not, as far as we know, one of those owners who interferes with team selection and transfers, with the possible exception of David James. He also provides financial backing. It's difficult to see what more he could do. 

Yes the idea of a professional football club sharing certain back office functions with other sports is doomed to failure.

Just ask Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Monaco, Spartak Moscow,  Galatasaray etc etc etc....

And models that are incomparable to BCFC - BS in structure.

So are we. By one very wealthy fan. 

Which highlights how the clubs you mentioned should not be used as barometers to measure Bristol Sport by. The Bristol Sport concept at Bayern Munich would be anathema to their support as it totally alters the basis of  what "we" is.

What occurs at Barcelona is entirely different in philosophy. Bristol Sport is here to drive revenue into the FC and other associated sporting brands - make operational improvements and should be judged accordingly.

And models that are incomparable to BCFC - BS in structure.

Which highlights how the clubs you mentioned should not be used as barometers to measure Bristol Sport by. The Bristol Sport concept at Bayern Munich would be anathema to their support as it totally alters the basis of  what "we" is.

What occurs at Barcelona is entirely different in philosophy. Bristol Sport is here to drive revenue into the FC and other associated sporting brands - make operational improvements and should be judged accordingly.

I know those clubs are not the same as us WTMS. English football is not the same as the leagues they play in either. I'm not sure you'd ever see such a structure in the English top flight.

More's the pity.

Same format last season.

Yes but it must be hard to stomach being the best team over the season and to chuck it away in the playoff matches again and again. At least when we start we know there is 4 shots at promotion (and relegation). 

Saying that, I'm sure if we do get relegated we will also lose quite a few supporters as we almost certainly won't have a season like we had last year for a while. 

Same format last season.

Yes but after a few years it's tedious. It's a crazy format. I've attend games occasionally and considered a season ticket but it's pointless. It's near enough a pub league. They'll stroll through the season, lose one or two along the way and the season will be decided in a couple of games at the end.

Bristol sport hasn't lost 3,500 fans.. Its the ridiculous format and the fact that the start of the rugby season is clashing with a certain tournament... The rugby world cup!!!! I have mates who normally go to Bristol games but instead choose to go to games at Cardiff,Gloucester and Exeter instead.temptation of world cup in the doorstep is a massive factor in crowd number especially as kick off times have clashed with world cup games. Just imagine if city and England played at same time?

Archived