IGNORED

Mr Lansdown & Son. LTD.

Marina's Rolls Royce

This summer is the first time I've felt letdown by SL and the board. They've made mistakes before but they've always tried. I have no idea what they were thinking this summer, there's no logical explanation behind the vast majority of decisions made.

The silence around the club is deafening also. Another one of those Q & A sessions with SL would be appreciated.

great post..admire your bravery..get yer crash hat on..you have put it in a nutshell. nativity at the top is costing us...the refusal to face the staggeringly obvious early on in the summer may yet again set us back years.not surprised at the lack of strong leadership...

Jeez ! if they are celebrating Christmas in the board room already, we DO have problems ! ;)

That witches curse apparently extends to wiping the post-promotion 2008 season from your memory. 

Cursed witches. Evil in blue.

Fair point about 2008. Before 2007 & 2008, the previous good year was 1997-98. Before that 1989-90, 1984, 1976, 1965, 1955. And that was thirty years after the previous.

Sometimes more and sometimes less than ten years in the wilderness.

Cotterill last season broke the mould and got us ppromoted only two years after a relegation.

If we go down this season, how many years before we recover?

Great post MMR.

I think the club have learned from the mistakes of the past regarding transfers but instead of signing players who aren't good enough, on over-inflated contracts and wages, we've gone too far the other way and have tried to sign players that are good enough (maybe too good) for peanuts. We seem to lurch from one extreme to another and it's exasperating.

I think we got lucky last season getting a few players who were relatively cheap and slotted in right away, and turned out exactly the players we needed. I think we tried to do the same this year but were met with high prices, so we decided to wait thinking that as the window slammed clubs and players would accept our low offers in desperation. Then we panicked and had to put out huge offers (or offer) just to make it look like we had ambition and were trying hard, the more I think about it the less likely I believe we really had any intention of bringing these marquee signings in.

cotterill has now been left with a good squad, but weaker than he had in League One. We have already suffered suspension and injuries whereas we we luckier in that department last season, and we had cover. This season we haven't been able to name a full bench on more than one occasion and are using players who played in League Two or are injured right now. Yes we are relying on loans, but they are hit and miss. Can't get a run in the team for various reasons.

we haven't built on the momentum, and set ourselves back. We cannot afford be be relegated, and yes it's a long way to go yet. But we haven't got an ace up our sleeve either, it's not like we have good players (barring Korey) out injured that we can bring back.

We cannot afford relegation financially or emotionally, it simply must be avoided at all costs. As a simple fan I cannot personally do anything to make things happen. I cannot bring players or people in to help, so I am looking at those who can and plead with them to do something now whilst you still can.

Archived