IGNORED

Media server draining battery

'Orns

One for all you techie's there

Over the last week or so my battery is on 75% when I get to work. Not changed the routine at all, listen to a podcast and speak to my daughters during my drive to work

Bit of investigation tells me it's the mediaserver app that is doing the damage

Googled possible fixes, but these people talk a slightly different language to me I'm afraid, is there anyone out there who has experienced the same and got a fix that can be explained in English? It's a Sony Xperia Z3, updated as and when they come through - not seen Marshmallow yet. I'm on 67% right now, from 100% at 0630 this morning..... 

• Admin

The most likely cause is a corrupted media file of some sort, probably a photo. The (most simple) fix with most chance of a win therefore is to back up all the music, videos & photos from your phone and then remove them. 

Thanks Phants, still find that boggling!

The most likely cause is a corrupted media file of some sort, probably a photo. The (most simple) fix with most chance of a win therefore is to back up all the music, videos & photos from your phone and then remove them. 

In plain English - put it all on my computer and delete off my phone, is that what you're saying?

• Admin

In plain English - put it all on my computer and delete off my phone, is that what you're saying?

How you backup is up to you. Computer is one method, using something like Dropbox is another. But the most simple method to begin with would be that yes. 

Archived