IGNORED

Putin tells it how it is.

screech

Which would you prefer?

Wow you get a choice, how novel?.

Just to clarify I am not and have never supported Putin in this venture, in fact I am struggling to form a view, as with everything concerned with that region it's difficult to see when the good guys suddenly become the bad guys and the west has a habit of siding with one side only for that side to become the bad guys several years later and then we find a new set of 'good guys', which might actually be the old original  'bad guys', I am pointing out that the west can hardly claim to hold the moral high ground considering it's record in the area for the past 12 years and more and that record has got us to where we are today.

A time machine back to T E Lawrence would be my best shot.

All fair points.

I think if push came to shove, we'd all prefer living in the US to Putin's Russia. Always worth remembering that.

A board like this couldn't even exist there. Not without serious risk of various members disappearing from time to time!

All fair points.

I think if push came to shove, we'd all prefer living in the US to Putin's Russia. Always worth remembering that.

A board like this couldn't even exist there. Not without serious risk of various members disappearing from time to time!

Do you or anybody else find it strange that the leader of the opposition or indeed the labour party are yet to comment on Putin's intervention in Syria so far?.

Since an interview before the labour party conference where Corbyn said "let Russia 'thrash' out a deal with Syria before thinking about bombing the Jihadist's".

Well, it certainly looks as if Putin has 'thrashed' out a deal with Syria and is now bombing the crap out of Assad's enemies and labour and it's leader say..................................................???????????.

Do you or anybody else find it strange that the leader of the opposition or indeed the labour party are yet to comment on Putin's intervention in Syria so far?.

Since an interview before the labour party conference where Corbyn said "let Russia 'thrash' out a deal with Syria before thinking about bombing the Jihadist's".

Well, it certainly looks as if Putin has 'thrashed' out a deal with Syria and is now bombing the crap out of Assad's enemies and labour and it's leader say..................................................???????????.

Putin will do what he likes whatever anyone says. Do you think the rather fey remonstrstions of Cameron and that old bloke who is his foreign minister make the Kremlin do anything other than smile? His is a drama being played out for domestic consumption. 

Labour's policy AFAIK is that bombing by external forces won't work and only a negotiated settlement will bring peace.

And they are right. An air campaign may buy Assad some respite, but only boots on the ground would win it for him. The Russkis have troops protecting their bases but they aren't going to get drawn into a land war - not after the lessons of Afghanistan. 

Don't expect the Russians will mind: stop being a big girl, EMB.

Uncle TFR

Dear Uncle TFR, I have just realised that you are absolutely correct, Lewis Hamilton proved that Vlad Putin does in fact have a great sense of humour yesterday by dousing him in champagne after his victory in the annual F1 i've got the fastest car competition in Russia (and Lewis I believe is still alive), I understand that Vlad also has a box set of Miranda because that is considered comedy in Russia.

Dear Uncle TFR, I have just realised that you are absolutely correct, Lewis Hamilton proved that Vlad Putin does in fact have a great sense of humour yesterday by dousing him in champagne after his victory in the annual F1 i've got the fastest car competition in Russia (and Lewis I believe is still alive), I understand that Vlad also has a box set of Miranda because that is considered comedy in Russia.

Just incase GCHQ or Russian secret service (say it in the style of a meeeercat) are monitoring this thread, Uncle TFR does NOT agree with EMB's analysis that the Russian president looks like a monkey.

Comrade-Uncle TFR

Archived