IGNORED

an embarrassment to the West Country ...

swampy

Isn't it all down to the geographical element of the competition though, sooner or later you are bound to be drawn to a rival. Night games too are always a bit more spicy between locals. Being played by the lower leagues too doesn't help either as grounds aren't geared up to segregate or contain fans in the same was as the Premier a League and Championship clubs can. 

Trouble isn't right, but if you are going to throw a few factors into the pot then no wonder it boils over sometimes. 

Swindon debatable whether West Country. Plenty of fellow Wiltshire based City fans will disagree with anyone immensely if you saidthe County wasnt West Country. 

However, well played Oxford United forever embarassing that sorry bunch. The banner they made was top notch too. 5 wins in a row for them now against Swindon

Last time i looked out of my window, Wiltshire was  still in the west country.  Funny as our fans posting about other fans behaviour.  We as a club have a really bad reputation for violence.  Its not unwarranted as well. 

Sad innit, the banning orders league table is the only league table where we're regularly near the top!

Swindon debatable whether West Country. Plenty of fellow Wiltshire based City fans will disagree with anyone immensely if you saidthe County wasnt West Country. 

However, well played Oxford United forever embarassing that sorry bunch. The banner they made was top notch too. 5 wins in a row for them now against Swindon

Swindon is the West Country, Wiltshire is the West Country, can you figure that?

True. I did a lot of work in the south around Salisbury, Amesbury etc. and they really resent the place being a drain on council tax and the like. To be honest, the folks down there look much more towards Southampton, Dorchester and the like rather than that fetid festering sore on their northern border. After all, from Salisbury you could probably get to Exeter quicker than you could Swindon

Mind you, Devon people feel the same about Plymouth so it`s not just them.

True. I did a lot of work in the south around Salisbury, Amesbury etc. and they really resent the place being a drain on council tax and the like. To be honest, the folks down there look much more towards Southampton, Dorchester and the like rather than that fetid festering sore on their northern border. After all, from Salisbury you could probably get to Exeter quicker than you could Swindon

Wiltshire is quite a divided County to be honest. Salisbury and Amesbury is Southampton end. West Wilts is Bath and Bristol the rest are all for Swindon pretty much. 

Swindon is not a drain on Wiltshire's council tax as it is a unitary authority separate from the rest of the county. Still a dump though.

Why can't they just join the Cornish and **** off?

Archived