IGNORED

Kemar Roofe

djb6162

In May was on a train and got talking to Ross Wilson of Southampton FC. We spoke about our players including Bryan and Freeman.

Wilson used to work at Watford who heavily scouted freeman before we took a punt on him. A reason cited for them not buying him was a concern about him as an athlete. Apparently he has a tendency to get very unfit over summer and takes him a while to get up to speed.

This guy  is the same age as joe and bobby, and i dont know if we will be in the championship or L1 next year

but at some stage we have to invest in 19/23 year olds and be brave enough to give them game time at every possible moment.

i just cant help feeling that constantly dabbling in the loan market is not a long term sustainable strategy.

a club attempting to compete at the top end needs a large squad that it owns.

you simply cant plan a long term playing strategy whilst constantly having to dip into the short term tactical loan market 

for me, even if it works out, the manager faces the task of replacing that individual either in the next market or the next window.

We are simply developing somebody elses talent at the moment.

42 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Agreed @djb6162 would be a sound investment - hey we might be in L1 next season anyway and I'm certain he can perform well at that level.

Dack might be a **** and he does have 3 years left on his contract I think but 10 goals already from AMC is an excellent return and someone will take the 'gamble' on him soon enough.

Freeman got 7 all last season, Dack already has 10 - nuff said really.

Doesn`t Dack take penalties though? I wonder as well if Bradshaw will follow Smith to Brentford - if he does, we`ll know whether he`s good enough for the champ.

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Really good idea to go for lower league stars, just like summer two years ago.

Should set us up nice and early if next season sees us back in League 1, and who knows the right choices might be better for the Championship than those we signed two years ago

I don`t know if you`re being sarcastic or not but I sort of agree with you!

1 hour ago, djb6162 said:

This guy  is the same age as joe and bobby, and i dont know if we will be in the championship or L1 next year

but at some stage we have to invest in 19/23 year olds and be brave enough to give them game time at every possible moment.

i just cant help feeling that constantly dabbling in the loan market is not a long term sustainable strategy.

a club attempting to compete at the top end needs a large squad that it owns.

you simply cant plan a long term playing strategy whilst constantly having to dip into the short term tactical loan market 

for me, even if it works out, the manager faces the task of replacing that individual either in the next market or the next window.

We are simply developing somebody elses talent at the moment.

That's fine but we don't give any game time, unless we are forced to, to our two very good youngsters, Bobbie Reid and Wes Burns.

Only seen Roofe play a few times but he's looked way too good for that league. Great goal against the gas as well. Hope we would be looking at him. 

Earlier on in the season when people were talking about a JET replacement I mentioned about Romaine Sawyers & Fordy62 basically told me he was toilet and had peaked.

So far this season he has 6 goals and 10 assists in league and cup.

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Whilst the above are very good shouts for potential signings, I can't help but feel we need Championship experience in the squad at this moment in time. Could be a big gamble relying on ' potential '

But wasn't that the problem in the summer? We couldn't attract the players with the experience needed in the championship, next best thing would be to sign the best from the lower leagues

1 hour ago, BarnzFM said:

But wasn't that the problem in the summer? We couldn't attract the players with the experience needed in the championship, next best thing would be to sign the best from the lower leagues

Players like Gray and Gayle are out of our league. We can buy Championship experience but we have to be realistic at the same time!

9 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Whilst the above are very good shouts for potential signings, I can't help but feel we need Championship experience in the squad at this moment in time. Could be a big gamble relying on ' potential '

Totally agree.

I remember seeing Albert and Puncheon playing for Barnet and they always looked as if they were ready to "step up".  The same goes for the lad that Brentford bought from Luton who chose Burnley over us.  Someone has to take a chance on these young players because they are cheap and possibly represent excellent long tem players on lower wages.  Our squad this year is arguably weaker than last year.  Experience and young talent both needed! 

9 hours ago, Gilts said:

Only seen Roofe play a few times but he's looked way too good for that league. Great goal against the gas as well. Hope we would be looking at him. 

Earlier on in the season when people were talking about a JET replacement I mentioned about Romaine Sawyers & Fordy62 basically told me he was toilet and had peaked.

So far this season he has 6 goals and 10 assists in league and cup.

Sawyers obviously has a lot of talent, would love to see us nurture it. I fear he'll end up at Brentford and do well there. Maybe their statistical recruitment will work against him going there now.

On Sunday, December 06, 2015 at 21:39, BCFC Jordan said:

What about Josh Windass at Accrington? Heard he's quite highly rated. Anyone seen him play?

Seen him against Oxford he didnt get about much had 1 good run then got injured by a player city should be looking at. But Southampton and Bournemouth are sniffing around him so wont mention his name

Archived