IGNORED

Thank you Cotts

Bs4Red

Isn't that better?

Not one but two players with experience at this level signed, not only that but just the vibe on here has massively changed and once again there is optimism around.

Thats all it takes, one thing like this can bring the belief back and really kickstart a season.

Heres hoping that optimism and belief is still there at 10pm next Friday night!!!

They're two good loan signings on paper.

However, SC has said how much he dislikes loan signings before, and the fact that about a third of our squad are now loan players is an indictment of how bad our transfer business has been.

I agree, but doesn't that show that Cotts is willing and that he does make mistakes? Are you not more optimistic after signing these two this morning?!

Agree, Id be surprised to see a formation change though with Cotts very insistent on the 352

He's going to have to change it if he wants to pick up the amount of points required to stay in this division IMO.

Can sign another 2 players on loan in this formation and it still won't work out for us as far as I've seen so far this season.

He's going to have to change it if he wants to pick up the amount of points required to stay in this division IMO.

Can sign another 2 players on loan in this formation and it still won't work out for us as far as I've seen so far this season.

I don't disagree, with the two new signings and on current form id like to see us play 

Fielding 

Ayling Flint Baker Williams

Bryan  Korey Bobby 

Bennett 

Cox Codger

I don't disagree, with the two new signings and on current form id like to see us play 

Fielding 

Ayling Flint Baker Williams

Bryan  Korey Bobby 

Bennett 

Cox Codger

I have a feeling Joe Bryan's going to be rested for a few games which won't do him any harm, his confidence is shot at present but he'll recover

I have a feeling Joe Bryan's going to be rested for a few games which won't do him any harm, his confidence is shot at present but he'll recover

I would have agreed if not for the International Break, I think that will be his rest and knowing JB I think he will prove his doubters wrong over the next month.

Well his tools have improved this week so now it's time to use them properly and deliver.

If we start against Forest with Wilbs retaining his place and Cox on the bench, and Bennett at wing back then this is all meaningless...

you must be disappointed with the signings..... Seems The board are backing SC unlike you.

These signings need to show they can slot into the team as Baker has done, rather than rot on the bench (Moore, Robinson).

In fairness to Moore, he has a hernia and was playing with it, not realising what it was. If fit he would walk into our side like baker has

Well his tools have improved this week so now it's time to use them properly and deliver.

If we start against Forest with Wilbs retaining his place and Cox on the bench, and Bennett at wing back then this is all meaningless...

Unless we win.

I think the timing is significant. These loans don`t now expire until after the Jan window opens. If we`d made them any earlier, we risked having to make changes to what might be by then a settled team on hopefully a good run for about 3 or 4 important games over Christmas. As it stands, the next game after Jan 3rd is the FA Cup 3rd round so that gives us until the 16th to sort out something else.

Have just seen however that the 2nd Jan we`re away to Reading so can`t see Cox being able to play in that one unless we`ve signed him permanently by then

Would not be my first choice; but would it be worth considering Kevin Nolan ? Experience. There must be a reason he hasn't got a club, wages? Injury?

Nolan will be snapped up by Allardyce when he takes over at Sunderland....so both will be back in the premier league despite being written off by many on here...

I'd have welcomed both of them here, but that's going over old ground so I'll shut up!

Nolan will be snapped up by Allardyce when he takes over at Sunderland....so both will be back in the premier league despite being written off by many on here...

I'd have welcomed both of them here, but that's going over old ground so I'll shut up!

Let's see how they get on first before we make judgements aye!

Isn't that better?

Not one but two players with experience at this level signed, not only that but just the vibe on here has massively changed and once again there is optimism around.

Thats all it takes, one thing like this can bring the belief back and really kickstart a season.

Heres hoping that optimism and belief is still there at 10pm next Friday night!!!

No offence, but the vibe on here has close to nothing to do with the performance on the pitch. As Herr Klopp said, what matters is how you are viewed when you leave somewhere not how you are seen when you arrive. 

No offence, but the vibe on here has close to nothing to do with the performance on the pitch. As Herr Klopp said, what matters is how you are viewed when you leave somewhere not how you are seen when you arrive. 

Did I once mention performance on the pitch?

My point is that it doesn't take a goal or 3 points it can take one little thing I.E a signing or a video of the academy that fans have asked for and finally got that changes the mood.

may be an idea to read before commenting... No offence :shutup:

I've got a feeling this will be the case. SC is very loyal to his players especially his captain. It would be a major change in SC tatics to change formation, have a feeling he will be to stubborn to change. I'm also not sure we have the players to play 4,4,2 or any other formation. Time will tell.

So, to be clear, you wouldn't have wanted Allardyce and/or Nolan at Ashton Gate...?

Allardyce yes, but only if things were really bad and Cotts got fired. So currently no, but would be happy in the future.

Nolan I wouldn't want, hasn't got the legs anymore. Also I don't like how he and Allardyce pressured players like Morrison to join their agent.

Archived