IGNORED

Sky games today

Lanterne Rouge

Question. If Plymouth had got promoted to League 1 and Swindon to the Championship last season what would have been Plymouth`s closest away game?

Apparently it's easier to be an Aston Villa away fan than any other in terms of mileage.

They have the shortest journeys of any club.

When I followed the mighty Jags all over Scotland it was brill because most of the time you were back in your 'home' pub by 6pm.

Exceptions were Aberdeen away, the Dundee teams and newer ones like Inverness CT and Ross County.

But, at the level they were at when I was there it was short journeys and happy days out!

I've always respected the Argyle fans for the numbers they take away when most journeys are considerably long.

Their following today for a game that was probably at least four hours away and live on tv was just admirable...

I know a few of them and it`s routine for them to be away for getting on for 24hrs. Hats off to them, would be simple to just watch the prem on TV and not do it. The ones I know come from generations of greens though and it wouldn`t enter their heads to not follow Argyle. I even know one who lives in Truro and that`s another hour and a half on at least!

Archived