IGNORED

TOP FLIGHT TELEVISION

Barry Sheene

With the thread about if anybody has seen City in the top division which was last 1976-80 i wondered if anybody who used to watch city then can remember the television from the that era.

Match of the Day which was presented by Jimmy Hill and back in those days would include a game from the lower division.

The big match presented by the legendary Brian Moore with City's win at Arsenal first game back in top flight on as the main game in 1976

Then of course all the other programmes like Starsky and Hutch and Kojak

Saturday night viewing is no where as good now in my opinion

Back then, the pinnacle of screen based Chud was Pan's People or Legs and Co on Top of the Pops.

Perverts don't know how good they have got it these days.

For perv appeal, it's difficult to beat Hot Gossip on the Kenny Everett show. Not sure what the connection with football is, but there must be one somewhere. 

With regards to the original post, I have been thinking about what City top-flight games I recall actually watching on TV.  The only one I personally remember (though I know there are others, such as Arsenal away as the OP noted) was a defeat at Everton.

I think it was this one, since an Andy King hat-trick rings a bell:

http://www.11v11.com/matches/everton-v-bristol-city-10-february-1979-84664/

Games I remember from the Div One days that were on national tv in highlight form were

MotD: Spurs 0 City 1,  City 4 Bolton 1,  Bolton 0 City 2,  City 1 Liverpool 3,  Man Utd 4 City 0,  City 1 Man C 0.

The Big Match: Arsenal 0 City 1,  Everton 4 City l.

There were quite a few matches covered locally by HTV with Roger Malone.

I dare say I've forgotten a few.

With regards to the original post, I have been thinking about what City top-flight games I recall actually watching on TV.  The only one I personally remember (though I know there are others, such as Arsenal away as the OP noted) was a defeat at Everton.

I think it was this one, since an Andy King hat-trick rings a bell:

http://www.11v11.com/matches/everton-v-bristol-city-10-february-1979-84664/

I remember watching us lose 4-0 at old Trafford, then watching it again on motd!

Archived