IGNORED

Nathan Baker

WesM

Well impressed with this guy - adds some much needed composure to the back.

Pack - good overall (especially first half)

Freeman - creative and always pestering.

Smith - Hope we have this guy tied up on a decent contract.  Grew as the game went on, our best player me thinks.

Elliot - promising start.

Wilbs - does not look like a 90 minute player but I understand why SC plays him with our current squad.

Ayling - good going forward , another good performance.

Kodjia - some good touches, could be one hell of a player for us.

Overall, I thought BCFC/Ashton gate came over really well - a good night for the club.

Onwards and upwards!!

Sorry - probably put this on the wrong thread - few too many Thatcher's.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a quality player, him or Flint Flint Flint Flint for MOM for me. 

I didn't think Flint was near Bakers quality tonight. Seems to totally miscalculated a few headers and was saved by Baker and Ayling at times.

Hope Moore can come in and be as effective as Baker.

Top 3 performers today: Smith, Baker and then Bennett. 

I think Moore being out has done us favours. This looks like a complimentary back three and they've had a chance to work together now and get in sync. 

Not saying Moore isn't an improvement player for player but in terms of cohesion I wouldn't disrupt our back line for him. Baker is here for the season after all. 

Flint and him were brilliant tonight I thought!

Starting to look like a proper defensive unit again. Flinty putting himself in the way of everything as usual and Baker reads the game so well. There were a few times in the second half when Forest were trying to hit that tricky winger and Baker just waited for a split second to weigh things up, adjusted his positioning by a yard or two and headed clear.

Fully agree about the positives that he brings, both individually and to the        defensive unit, given us a degree of solidity that was lacking. Would love us to sign him permanently. Would be a massive signing going forward. Question is, will Villa sell him? and if so could we get him?

Thought it was a very good team performance, Baker was very good, Bennett had good debut and Korey Smith was top class. Aside from De Vries in goal and Lansbury Forest were a very poor outfit but I have no doubt that last nights performance will give us a massive confidence boost. I can see us getting something at Brighton on Tuesday.

Archived