IGNORED

January Signings

ZiderEyed

Kasim is a good suggestion, if he doesn't go anywhere else I'd like to try getting Utd to loan us James Wilson, would think Utd could want him playing regular 1st team football, think he and Kodjia could link up well as JK looks to offload often and Wilson could be a useful outlet for him. 

Bradley Dack - Gillingham, Strong midfielder who can play in an advanced role or as a more defensive midfielder, already has seven goals this year.

Tom Bradshaw - Walsall, Their main man, free scoring and a tricky customer. 9 goals currently 

Cyle Larin - Orlando City, Rookie season in MLS and has 23 goals, is strong and quick, very much a 'target man' figure. Also only 20 years of age. Understandably a bit of a long shot however.

Alfie Mawson - Barnsley, Joined Barnsley at the start of the season after a great season for Wycombe, strong dominant centre back who could certainly make the jump to the championship also another great prospect at only 21.

Say you've got £3,000,000USD 4,633,205
Exchange Rate: USD 1 = £ 0.648
to spend in the January transfer window, who (within reason) would you bring in.

My list

- Matt Smith (600,000) - Obvious one really. Solid replacement for the ageing Wilbs, good goalscorer. 

- Yaser Kasim (300,000) - Looked like a Pack/Freeman hybrid when we played them last year, Wolves have been looking at him too.

- Scott Golbourne (800,000) - Bristol lad, was with us back in 2002 if I remember right, looks like he's do a job for us.

- Paul McShane - (700,000) - Very much doubt we are gonna be able to pry Nathan Baker or Liam Moore, but we might be able to extend one of their loans, so McShane is my alternative.

Please make additions.

Those prices are totally unrealistic. I doubt Smith would be available for much less than £3 million, Kasim would be £1.5 million and probably more if there is a bidding war between us and Wolves. If Wolves want players we won't sign them. 

I would add Bradley Dack to that list, he seems to be doing well in league 1. Another centre back is needed as well, although I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Bradley Dack - Gillingham, Strong midfielder who can play in an advanced role or as a more defensive midfielder, already has seven goals this year.

Tom Bradshaw - Walsall, Their main man, free scoring and a tricky customer. 9 goals currently 

Cyle Larin - Orlando City, Rookie season in MLS and has 23 goals, is strong and quick, very much a 'target man' figure. Also only 20 years of age. Understandably a bit of a long shot however.

Alfie Mawson - Barnsley, Joined Barnsley at the start of the season after a great season for Wycombe, strong dominant centre back who could certainly make the jump to the championship also another great prospect at only 21.

I've seen Larin play a few times on sky's MLS coverage, he looks a really decent prospect. Very raw though, wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a top flight team and spend some time in their u21 set up to develop though

I've seen Larin play a few times on sky's MLS coverage, he looks a really decent prospect. Very raw though, wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a top flight team and spend some time in their u21 set up to develop though

Totally agree, these are the sort of players we need to be getting in before big teams come in for them. 

I think he was being a tad sarcy!

would anyone turn Baker's loan into a permie signing ASAP? Is that allowed? I would.

Wallace is a good shout.

The other player I'd be really keen to get is Jamie Allen from Rochdale.  Would give us a young player in the Korey mould, who we could develop further and provide desperately needed Korey-cover should he get injured / suspended.

Baker's looking good but is historically injury prone, hence a fairly stuttering career.

Let's see him put a convincing run of injury free games together before we consider signing him permanently.

If he can he'd be a good signing, the problem being a good run of form and fitness may make Villa even more reluctant to let him leave.

Totally agree, these are the sort of players we need to be getting in before big teams come in for them. 

Yep, suspect he is on lots of clubs radar.....but under Work Permit rules I doubt he has any chance.  You're a bit stuffed if you are from a country outside the top 70 in the FIFA rankings as Canada are.

See Wallace started for Wolves today. Didn`t see the game, how did he do?

Interesting; didn't see the game. Feels a bit like when they had Michael Jacobs but didn't play him. Another player I would like to see here.

Annoyingly wolves seem to perpetually but every player I wish we were interested in! Dicko, Wallace, Jacobs, Afobe..

Come on, this is the site that values both Luke Freeman and Adam El-Abd at 280k.

And this is the forum that just can't mention a new striker without mentioning Matt Smith.

Here's a clue for the OP. We  never made a bid for him after his loan spell. Even when we were totally desperate and alleged bids of £ grillions  for Gray and Gayle went nowhere, still no bid. Every ITK and rumour turned out to be horse manure. Turned out a great loan playing with Jet in L1 but surely we can be a bit more imaginative?

Baker's looking good but is historically injury prone, hence a fairly stuttering career.

Let's see him put a convincing run of injury free games together before we consider signing him permanently.

If he can he'd be a good signing, the problem being a good run of form and fitness may make Villa even more reluctant to let him leave.

Baker signed a four year contract in the summer, so presumably Sherwood rates him. Of course they could have a new manager soon, but I suspect there'd be other Championship clubs in for him if he did become available.

Baker signed a four year contract in the summer, so presumably Sherwood rates him. Of course they could have a new manager soon, but I suspect there'd be other Championship clubs in for him if he did become available.

But if he does become available and he plays a lot and plays well we would be favourites to get him id imagine .

And this is the forum that just can't mention a new striker without mentioning Matt Smith.

Here's a clue for the OP. We  never made a bid for him after his loan spell. Even when we were totally desperate and alleged bids of £ grillions  for Gray and Gayle went nowhere, still no bid. Every ITK and rumour turned out to be horse manure. Turned out a great loan playing with Jet in L1 but surely we can be a bit more imaginative?

How do you know we didn't make a bid for him? Just because it wasn't in the papers doesn't mean we didn't. Normally things only get leaked if the club wants a bidding war. If Fulham see Smith as a key part of their squad a bidding war is the last thing they'd want to would happily stay silent.

I don't know. However, if anyone believes that BCFC are likely to have made a serious bid for the player and no one knows anything about it- not even a whisper then it would be a first - and I'm talking about a serious bid not some expression of interest. 

As for not starting a bidding war- I'm really not aware of any other club showing any interest in MS or any football site rumour suggesting such. It seems to me that the biggest interest shown anywhere by anyone to sign MS is on this forum and definitely not at BS3.

So we allegedly bid c. £15,000,000 ( Gayle & Grey) on two players yet kept it jolly quiet about an additional bid for MS. Yeh, right.....

I don't know. However, if anyone believes that BCFC are likely to have made a serious bid for the player and no one knows anything about it- not even a whisper then it would be a first - and I'm talking about a serious bid not some expression of interest. 

As for not starting a bidding war- I'm really not aware of any other club showing any interest in MS or any football site rumour suggesting such. It seems to me that the biggest interest shown anywhere by anyone to sign MS is on this forum and definitely not at BS3.

So we allegedly bid c. £15,000,000 ( Gayle & Grey) on two players yet kept it jolly quiet about an additional bid for MS. Yeh, right.....

No one knew about most our signings until a few hours before.

Kodjia out of no where, Fredericks only the night before. 

No one knew about most our signings until a few hours before.

Kodjia out of no where, Fredericks only the night before. 

Hmmm-  ok , if it makes you happy then we probably did bid on Matt Smith and Fulham/the player chose to turn us down whilst everyone including his agent, club, friends , all at BCFC and anyone whatsoever ITK are keeping it the best kept secret of the summer transfer window for reasons of a wider conspiracy.

In the meantime, I think I'll stick with my version- that he wasn't , for whatever reason, on the radar at BS3 and no bid was made which,I believe on the balance of probability in the football transfer world, is more likely.

Archived