IGNORED

Stuart Pearce

Lanterne Rouge

He applied for the Finland national team job recently but didn't get it. 

He is looking for the right job.

How do I know? ITK? Nope? He was on Talk Sport on Friday morning!

Did anyone see Lenny Lawrence wandering around the South Stand like a lost sheep before the game?  He eventually found a seat in the Forest dugout later on.....cheeky blighter!  Stuart Gray ex-Wednesday and Southampton manager was sat just behind us too.

Think he lives over West Wilts way. I remember him on the radio a few weeks back where he was on about watching bands in the Cheese & Grain in Frome.

Yes near Warminster. 

I met him a few years ago at the Grain when the Damned played there. Good lad. Happy to chat and have his picture taken with us. I bought him a pint.

I think it was Danny Baker he was on and said his favourite all time band was The Stranglers. Think he said he`d seen them about 50 times and one of his greatest experiences was them inviting him back stage somewhere or other. Bit like Bradley Wiggins being over the moon about getting a text from Paul Weller when he won gold at the Olympics. Good to know your heroes also have heroes I suppose.

I think it was Danny Baker he was on and said his favourite all time band was The Stranglers. Think he said he`d seen them about 50 times and one of his greatest experiences was them inviting him back stage somewhere or other. Bit like Bradley Wiggins being over the moon about getting a text from Paul Weller when he won gold at the Olympics. Good to know your heroes also have heroes I suppose.

I've seen Paul Weller live 42 times, so totally get Pearce's devotion to The Stranglers.

I loved the story about when Massive Attack sponsored a City game, I think it was against Blackpool.

Anyway, the band said they were invited to meet the team before the game, and it was really awkward because they were overawed at meeting their City heroes like Tinnion, and the City players were just as star struck meeting a famous band.

What a stand off that would have been!

Dave........could bristol city be the right job ?

not whilst Cotts is in charge....and long may he reign at The Gate.

Although the passion he shows is without doubt, how strong are his managerial credentials? Has he really proved himself anywhere?  Must be difficult for him to have managed players who didn't wear their hearts on their sleeves like he did.

Although the passion he shows is without doubt, how strong are his managerial credentials? Has he really proved himself anywhere?  Must be difficult for him to have managed players who didn't wear their hearts on their sleeves like he did.

Your second sentence could be describing Cotts too.....

For some reason I've see Stuart Pearce in Bristol a few times over the years. One notable evening in Yates' Wine Lodge!

Does he have any connection to the area or does he just recognise a good night out when he sees one?!

He has the catering concession at AG, also he is going back to Forest according to some Forest fans. Apparently the pies are atrocious since he left.

Wiltshire is popular with the stars.  You often see Sharon Davis at the Saisburys in Bradford on Avon.  Will Carlin lives there as well.  I see sting from the police now and then, cycle past his house.   lives in Woodford Valley, sound bloke

Saw Sharon Davis at Trowbridge Cinema not too long ago and Roger Cook as well.

He applied for the Finland national team job recently but didn't get it. 

He is looking for the right job.

How do I know? ITK? Nope? He was on Talk Sport on Friday morning!

Did anyone see Lenny Lawrence wandering around the South Stand like a lost sheep before the game?  He eventually found a seat in the Forest dugout later on.....cheeky blighter!  Stuart Gray ex-Wednesday and Southampton manager was sat just behind us too.

Stuart Gray is a good friend of Steve Cotterill, when he was Wednesday manager our team used their training facilities on our northern two night away stays.

I don`t think Pearce has got it in him to do the `dark` side, all the devious wheeling and dealing and sucking up to people that you have to deal with as a top manager. As a coach/motivator I don`t think you would find anyone better but I think he`d get taken for a ride too often by some of the s***s that infest our game.

Your second sentence could be describing Cotts too.....

I forgot we were talking about Pearce.  I think Cotterill does struggle with players who fail to match his own commitment.  I worked for a boss who had the same problem, although the business was his baby he had to accept that although people were paid their wages and would have a go no one was ever going to share his own passion for it.

Archived