IGNORED

Quality of football coverage in the US

One Team In Keynsham

Watching Watford v Arsenal, and the time added on is sponsored by an insurance company.

Almost makes me yearn the bizarre games of draughts on a subbuteo table in Andy Gray's bootroom.

george graham was always quality on that.

Double backgammon check mate.

When watching premier league games on Kodi, I alway watch the NBSC (sic?) feed. Full HD and the quality of presentation knocks sky into a cocked hat, and they don't play you the adverts, you just get a bit of music for a while instead.

I am in Florida on holiday and watched the BEIN Sports broadcast through Kodi. I was amazed at the knowledge of the presenters, they seemed to know more about City and championship football than many of the people I have seen on the home networks. Having said that they were taking the feed from Sky and the commentator was very good I thought. Read the game well and knew the teams, he made a couple of small mistakes, saying we signed Reid from Plymouth in the summer and that Little was normally a centre half, but aoart from that he was excellent. 

Couple of points. If you are watching the teams in the market you live in, they are basically free. NBC FOX etc.  If you live out of market, then you will need some sort of subscription service. That subscription service ie NHL Centre Ice is every game of every team delivered in HD. 

So the adverts and commercial in game  tickers, are away of generating revenue and yet presenting sport free to the place you live in. 

Been out here for 13 odd years and I don't even notice anymore. 

BeIN sport work really hard on their presentations. Football is really growing fast here and then need to keep up that level of delivery so it doesn't look second rate.

The 3pm PL is shown here and you can pick any game you want. 

Stevo

Thanks for the response. I've only found it in SD in there so I'll have to have a more in depth look.

Thanks again for your help.

Maybe it is SD and I'm just thinking HD as it's so much better than you expect a stream to be, but I watch it on a 42" TV and it looks pretty damn good to me.

Archived