IGNORED

Don't Wear Nike Boots

Esmond Million's Bung

There's a disproportionate amount of gay jokes on this forum, it's great that racism isn't tolerated anymore but why's it OK to post homophobic comments?

I'm pissed off we lost to Brighton too but a gay person is statistically as likely to be a city fan as a seagull. 

There's a disproportionate amount of gay jokes on this forum, it's great that racism isn't tolerated anymore but why's it OK to post homophobic comments?

I'm pissed off we lost to Brighton too but a gay person is statistically as likely to be a city fan as a seagull. 

I too find this odd, I guess the homophobia thing is running 35 years behind racism.  You'd get called out on this forum for racism.  I'd doubt many here would be stupid enough to be racist on a public forum but the homophobic 'jokes' seem to be tolerated.

Yet this is the same forum that has said in the past that a player should 'come out' if they were gay because who cares?

Well if you don't care don't take the cheap laugh and let's be better than that.

I'll get off my very high horse now, but seriously in ten years (hopefully sooner) some of these 'jokes' will be as embarrassing as making monkey noises at a black player in the 70's.

Regarding the main subject of this thread; This story has been bobbing around for as long as I can remember and it seemed to start when football boots started going multi coloured. I suppose the players all wanted to make a fashion statement and liked the 'trendy' colours but somehow and somewhere along the line the materials used started causing an unusually high number of injuries. 

It is probably not particularly scientific but my guess is that if a football team were the ones who stipulated the boot maker and design this issue would not be a talking point. Bit like if you work for me you use my staple gun or my planer and if you get injured it is my responsibility. If you bring your own tools, from now on, not only will you pay your own medical bills but you might be fined or sacked because an injured employee is no good to me. Should be the same in any profession or job.

I too find this odd, I guess the homophobia thing is running 35 years behind racism.  You'd get called out on this forum for racism.  I'd doubt many here would be stupid enough to be racist on a public forum but the homophobic 'jokes' seem to be tolerated.

Yet this is the same forum that has said in the past that a player should 'come out' if they were gay because who cares?

Well if you don't care don't take the cheap laugh and let's be better than that.

I'll get off my very high horse now, but seriously in ten years (hopefully sooner) some of these 'jokes' will be as embarrassing as making monkey noises at a black player in the 70's.

Would have liked to have edited to say got wrong thread, bit late!

Archived