IGNORED

Some nice comments from Brighton fans

BUTOR

this, they had no quality and no class, we fell apart because they played s*** cheating football, boring offside,stud up tackle, shirt pulling, time wasting, tinpot club!

Freeman/ Kodjia looked decent to me. 

The rest: nope. Even Bennett. 

They are the Stoke City of the Championship.

Not allowed!

Typical cotterill team , time wasting after 10 mins , we had so many chances easily could of got 4or 5 tonight

Absolute cretin of a bloke....really dislike him as he's always right apparently.
Suck on that you farmersbiggrin.gif

Time wasting from 16 minutes, Cotterill is a classless wurzel.

Well I was waiting for him to point to the spot from my position in the WSU. 

That said, I very much enjoyed it not being given, simply to piss off Wilbraham even more, the useless, conniving waste of space. 

Lovely stuff.

They weren't too polite at the station either, the usual 60 year olds that were 'there in the day' giving it the biggun with probably their grandkids spitting from the higher ramp at the City fans. Cretins.

however spoke to some lovely people on the train who had a better view and reckoned it was definitely a penalty.

Don't know why anyone would pay any attention to what Brighton fans think or say. They've always been an ignorant bunch of a-wipes.

They're giving it large now but they can't handle any form of setback, witness last season. Arrogance is a particularly nauseating trait in a deluded fanbase.

On a par with sags in that respect. Hope they implode, the witless bunch of humourless, brain-dead morons.

We're not all bad WjF ;-)

I saw some of the comments on NSC when I got in from the game. They were unjustified in the main but a fair few of us realised that that was one close call for us tonight, it really was. I must admit to being frustrated by the early-doors time-wasting  from City....it was almost on a par with Sheff Weds of 2 seasons ago but as the game wore on we (in the NW Corner) agreed that City were the best side so far at the Amex this season. Your no.22 looks a class act. I also think you had a very good case for a penalty. I was amazed when the ref didn't give it to be honest. I'm not sure what happened with your disallowed goal either to be perfectly truthful...but the ref was making signs of a  'moving ball'.....my memory is playing tricks now, was it from a free-kick? Dunk seemed all at sea, and got away with that one. Add to that three excellent saves by Stockdale and you can see that City were never out of it. I'm hoping for a less threatening display from PNE on Saturday.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I'm looking forward to a night out in Bristol later in the season...I might come back for some tips on decent real ale pubs.

Brighton fan here.

Apologies for the cretins.

Yes your time wasting in the first half was frustrating but it's what a lot of away sides 1-0 up do, including us. Having said that after we equalised you started attacking regularly and showed what a decent side you can be. Play like that for the rest of the season and you will have no problems avoiding the drop.

If you have a look at North Stand Chat i(n amongst the expected drivel) there is a lot of very positive stuff about us. Kodjia and Freeman in particular are picked out .

A fair few think w deserved the penalty too.

Agreed. They seem to think the world of Kodjia. Freeman reviews are mixed from what I've seen. The split in opinion / general consensus is that we are a more than capable Championship outfit. 

To be fair, I thought a few of our players went down far too easily today, it was symptomatic of feeling like we couldn't beat them on merit and needed a few lucky breaks. I don't include the pen shout which was blatant, but even that Luke over dramatised and gave the ref, who was gagging to be contrary on every decision, the excuse to not give it.

None of this validates Brighton fans opinion, having been in the slog for a train back to the main station, all I can say is what an utterly boring lot and what a tinpot village team trying to have a big stadium. In my experience today it was poorly stewarded, the transport was awful and their fans droned on about nothing of substance and seemed oblivious to what a poor setup their ground is and far too busy insisting we were 1-0 up and "f---ed it up" which seems to imply they aren't at all sure of their status top of the table, but are at least arrogant enough to overlook things like the penalty.

As ever, a few decent comments, a few through tinted glasses. As clear a penalty as you will see. When you get a decision like that, just smile and move on, rather than deny what is obvious from the highlights. The balanced view even from here seems to be Brighton played some decent stuff, and we just fell short overall. 

Arrogance is a particularly nauseating trait in a deluded fanbase.

Wow, that's rich coming from us. 

Moreover, I can't believe people are still using Stoke City as some kind of insult? That'll be the same Stoke City that have been in the Premier League since 2008 (incidentally when Brighton were in League One) and haven't looked back since? The same Stoke City that have Bojan and Shaqiri and co?

Have they seen Stoke City play since Hughes took over? I'm quite happy with that comparison

Didn't get to listen to much of the 1st half, so can't comment on time wasting, but once we got over the equaliser it seemed that we starting playing again and looking for the 2nd goal. Just play like that more, with the players we've got up front we should be making more of it. My only complaint from Friday was we didn't really come out after half time and go for it

To the Brighton fans - good luck for the rest of the season. Hope Hughton continues to do well there, deserves a bit of luck after Newcastle. I can't even bring myself to comment on Zamora, what were the odds on him and Baldock getting the goals last night - in the stars

Here is one of their thoughts on Kodjia.... An interesting take it has to be said.

"Yeah I really enjoyed watching his performance last night, notwithstanding the palpitations he gave me whenever he breezed away from our defence like a whisper of a memory on a warm summer breeze. 

Decent shot on him and all."

We're not all bad WjF ;-)

I saw some of the comments on NSC when I got in from the game. They were unjustified in the main but a fair few of us realised that that was one close call for us tonight, it really was. I must admit to being frustrated by the early-doors time-wasting  from City....it was almost on a par with Sheff Weds of 2 seasons ago but as the game wore on we (in the NW Corner) agreed that City were the best side so far at the Amex this season. Your no.22 looks a class act. I also think you had a very good case for a penalty. I was amazed when the ref didn't give it to be honest. I'm not sure what happened with your disallowed goal either to be perfectly truthful...but the ref was making signs of a  'moving ball'.....my memory is playing tricks now, was it from a free-kick? Dunk seemed all at sea, and got away with that one. Add to that three excellent saves by Stockdale and you can see that City were never out of it. I'm hoping for a less threatening display from PNE on Saturday.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I'm looking forward to a night out in Bristol later in the season...I might come back for some tips on decent real ale pubs.

Thanks for your constructive views!  It's already proving to be a tough season for us so coming away with a narrow defeat against the league leaders shouldn't feel like a setback - weirdly and unfortunately it does.  I've got no time for deliberate time-wasting so can appreciate anyone's frustrations with City's tactics.  At present, we don't have the confidence to play possession football when we are winning.

Good luck for the rest of the season.  If you can take points off the teams around us, that would greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your constructive views!  It's already proving to be a tough season for us so coming away with a narrow defeat against the league leaders shouldn't feel like a setback - weirdly and unfortunately it does.  I've got no time for deliberate time-wasting so can appreciate anyone's frustrations with City's tactics.  At present, we don't have the confidence to play possession football when we are winning.

Good luck for the rest of the season.  If you can take points off the teams around us, that would greatly appreciated!

Keep playing like that (and against Forest on Friday) and you won't have any worries. 

Another Brighton fan here.  

As I posted on our forum last night, a draw or home win were equally fair results IMO.  Luckily for us, it went our way.  I also thought that of 23 teams to come to the Amex, you will prove to be in the top 7 or 8.  Never mind Rotherham, you looked better than Cardiff who are supposedly a play-off team.  

I did think you wasted time from very early on, but all teams do that away from home.   And on the flip-side, from 1-1 onwards, you gave it a real go.  You didn't sit on a 1-1, which is good to see.

One final thing, based on that performance I reckon you've got 3 players who would walk into any Championship squad you care to mention - Freeman, Kodjia and Ayling. 

I reckon you'll finish comfortably mid-table.  You're miles better than we were last season.

All the best,

Simster

23,000 there last night too! Where have all these Brighton fans come from?

That's actually well down on last season and the two seasons before that.  2-3,000 people decided a season ticket commitment was a commitment too far after a season of dross.

But big Amex crowds are a combination of i) little local competition ii) a fantastic stadium to watch the game iii) a decent team, and probably most importantly iv) our season tickets are payable over the course of a year via direct debit.  The last one is really important.  We have 20,000 STHs (it was 23,000 last season - the same as Everton) and the reason for this is that is costs £40 a month or whatever rather than one big £450 bill.  Frankly, it's about time other clubs offered this.

That's actually well down on last season and the two seasons before that.  2-3,000 people decided a season ticket commitment was a commitment too far after a season of dross.

But big Amex crowds are a combination of i) little local competition ii) a fantastic stadium to watch the game iii) a decent team, and probably most importantly iv) our season tickets are payable over the course of a year via direct debit.  The last one is really important.  We have 20,000 STHs (it was 23,000 last season - the same as Everton) and the reason for this is that is costs £40 a month or whatever rather than one big £450 bill.  Frankly, it's about time other clubs offered this.

Fair shout to you guys, that's a really good scheme and you're doing well. It's just that I remember when Brighton were just as big as the Gas only a few years ago! No offence to you, your club has come a long way.

Another Brighton fan here.  

As I posted on our forum last night, a draw or home win were equally fair results IMO.  Luckily for us, it went our way.  I also thought that of 23 teams to come to the Amex, you will prove to be in the top 7 or 8.  Never mind Rotherham, you looked better than Cardiff who are supposedly a play-off team.  

I did think you wasted time from very early on, but all teams do that away from home.   And on the flip-side, from 1-1 onwards, you gave it a real go.  You didn't sit on a 1-1, which is good to see.

One final thing, based on that performance I reckon you've got 3 players who would walk into any Championship squad you care to mention - Freeman, Kodjia and Ayling. 

I reckon you'll finish comfortably mid-table.  You're miles better than we were last season.

All the best,

Simster

I've seen this mentioned about us from several Brighton fans now, and having also attended the game last night, I think it's a completely ridiculous comment. 

Time wasting from early on? What, because you were 1-0 down and didn't like it? Are you required to take every goal kick, set piece and throw in at 100mph just because you're the away side, who happen to be 1-0 up at the league leaders? 

It's the fact that we so nearly took your unbeaten crown, whilst at times making you look very ordinary, that has left some weird 'time wasting' taste in your fans mouths.

Mouths that no doubt had been stuffed with Prawn Sandwiches, due to the lack of atmosphere in the home stands last night. 

I've seen this mentioned about us from several Brighton fans now, and having also attended the game last night, I think it's a completely ridiculous comment. 

Time wasting from early on? What, because you were 1-0 down and didn't like it? Are you required to take every goal kick, set piece and throw in at 100mph just because you're the away side, who happen to be 1-0 up at the league leaders? 

It's the fact that we so nearly took your unbeaten crown, whilst at times making you look very ordinary, that has left some weird 'time wasting' taste in your fans mouths.

Mouths that no doubt had been stuffed with Prawn Sandwiches, due to the lack of atmosphere in the home stands last night. 

No, mate. You are not required to take any set piece at 100mph.  And yes, of course we didn't like it because we were losing.  But you did take an eternity over set pieces once you'd scored, and I even said most teams do what your team did.

As for the rest of it, you really didn't "so nearly" take our unbeaten crown any more than 4 or 5 other teams this season.  That's not to say you weren't bitterly unlucky not to take a point.  

Your last sentence is laughable - it was average.  We couldn't hear a peep out of you all go except for 2 mins after you scored, not because you didn't sing, but simply because the noise just doesn't carry from stand to stand in that stadium.

No, mate. You are not required to take any set piece at 100mph.  And yes, of course we didn't like it because we were losing.  But you did take an eternity over set pieces once you'd scored, and I even said most teams do what your team did.

As for the rest of it, you really didn't "so nearly" take our unbeaten crown any more than 4 or 5 other teams this season.  That's not to say you weren't bitterly unlucky not to take a point.  

Your last sentence is laughable - it was average.  We couldn't hear a peep out of you all go except for 2 mins after you scored, not because you didn't sing, but simply because the noise just doesn't carry from stand to stand in that stadium.

It does seem a little ironic that whilst we did indeed slow things down when we went 1-0 up (and quite rightly so) but  when the score was 2-1, I watched the Brighton sub walk off in 'slow-mo' almost to the extent that I thought I had been caught in some sort of horrible space time continuum accident.

No doubt you felt he sprinted off the pitch like Usain Bolt....

:yes:

Anyway, and on a positive note- I took my lads to their first ever away game, mingled with the Seagull fans and were made to feel most welcome, not a hint of unwanted bovva and we all had a great night bar the result.

Bristol Fans comment?

Brighton fan here 

I think there are cretins from both sides eh ?

This is on your forum what an idiot 

Thumbs Up!
Quote from a Bristol forum. What exactly is the 'proper' identity that Bristol has that Brighton apparently doesn't?

'Horrible ground, horrible location, horrible transport, plastic fans, no atmosphere. 

Thank god Ashton Gate is being redeveloped, and thank god we represent a proper city with an identity.'

Bristol Fans comment?

Brighton fan here 

I think there are cretins from both sides eh ?

This is on your forum what an idiot 

Thumbs Up!

selective quote much? That name was aimed at several that saw it as acceptable to spit at supporters.  It was followed by the fact that I had a very nice chat with some lovely fans on the train.

dont see anything wrong with either of those comments and I stand by them.  

Archived