IGNORED

Just Back From the Game

And Its Smith

Thought it at the time and just seen the replay, the disallowed goal clearly looks like the defender got the first touch therefore playing him onside.

Am I missing something?

Listening to RB last night after the disallowed goal, Adam Baker and Ed Hadwin were discussing this and Baker said the law was change sometime ago and play on's do not apply now.  I not sure myself, but this is what he said. 

Listening to RB last night after the disallowed goal, Adam Baker and Ed Hadwin were discussing this and Baker said the law was change sometime ago and play on's do not apply now.  I not sure myself, but this is what he said. 

Thought it maybe something like that, cant keep up with these changes.  Does that apply to poor backpasses too? 

if he is offside from the original pass it doesn't matter if it comes off a opposing player as it's the same phase therefore he is still offside.

Nobody was whinging after the Forest win - we then lose a game whereby we were competitive for long spells, all of a sudden Cotterill is in firing line again. I do struggle to comprehend the argument, especially only 12 games into the season. We are 6 points away off of 10th place, lets not get carried away, anyone would think we are 10 points adrift at bottom of league......

PS - if anybody thinks they can name a manager that would come in and immediately turn these performances into results, I'd be interested to hear suggestions.

This goes back to the " how long do you give Cotterill thread ? "

Really love what Cotts is trying to achieve , it makes me think of Blackpool when they always went for the win and more worryingly Peterborough :blink: here is the but , but how long can we keep making excuses ? 

Before everyone said we are only 5,6,7 games in , then " judge the team after 10 games " well how many games should we give it ?

The lads are entertaining us , playing great football in passages and it really is a joy to watch so i hope with all my heart that we get the results that keep us in this League .

As Cott's himself said the time for excuses and feeling sorry for ourselves is over . We need to start winning .

The points of concern

1 Only two victories this season, and both against weakened teams (in Forest's case heavily weakened)

2 The failure to use substitutes effectively - an important feature of modern football as demonstrated by Hughton last night

3 The over loyalty to members of last year's team - Wilbraham and Pack spring to mind

4 The stubbornness that sees us only playing one style, and therefore a gift to planning for our opponents as already commented upon by other managers whose teams we have played 

All of the above could be addressed if there was a will and commitment from management and coaches to do so.  In short our problems lie elsewhere than with the players, although we all know we could do with a minimum of two additions, but as I said in an earlier comment this can't realistically happen until January by which time our position could be perilous indeed.  

Of no team can it ever be said 'We are too good to be relegated' - as Bruce Forsyth used to say 'points mean prizes' or in our case points mean Championship survival

The points of concern

1 Only two victories this season, and both against weakened teams (in Forest's case heavily weakened)

2 The failure to use substitutes effectively - an important feature of modern football as demonstrated by Hughton last night

3 The over loyalty to members of last year's team - Wilbraham and Pack spring to mind

4 The stubbornness that sees us only playing one style, and therefore a gift to planning for our opponents as already commented upon by other managers whose teams we have played 

All of the above could be addressed if there was a will and commitment from management and coaches to do so.  In short our problems lie elsewhere than with the players, although we all know we could do with a minimum of two additions, but as I said in an earlier comment this can't realistically happen until January by which time our position could be perilous indeed.  

Of no team can it ever be said 'We are too good to be relegated' - as Bruce Forsyth used to say 'points mean prizes' or in our case points mean Championship survival

I agree with this but mostly points 2 and 4.

As I pointed out in the match day thread, Hughton IMO won the game last night when he changed to a 4-5-1 and stopped City controlling the second half after the equaliser.

Archived