IGNORED

Last night singing

Bs4Red

Why were some of our guys starting songs like twist and shout and playing with a Pringle? 

All these things are not only extremely tragic but they have been done by other clubs. 

The Pringle on the head thing went on for around 10 minutes, was just a little bit childish and the team suffer because we're not getting behind them!

For me, the **** off Swindon Town song feels weird to sing now, given their current state. 

I really felt the rivalry with them for the whole of last season for obvious reasons, and I'm hoping that something similar sparks with a rival club in the Champ this season, thus generating a new song. 

Cough, cough, Cardiff...

Oh no.. Was it?! I hope that's the first and last time.

A few tried to get it going at Middlesbrough. They got some stern looks from a lot of people and soon stopped.

Social media is killing originality, I've got to be honest I did like some of the suggestions the other day- they built this city on thatchers gold etc 

In fact it just proved how easy it is to fit Thatchers Gold into the words Rock n roll- I know it's only thatchers gold but I like it, like it, yes I do...

I'll get my coat.

The song which I thought was truly gut twistingly cringey  was from the same lads by the bar singing a new one ( new to me at least) about our fantastic new striker.

Along the lines of "Jonathan Kodger........ his enormous todger........ tucks it in his sock" etc. Really not sure how this is meant to inspire the guy or even pay homage. I'm sure something about his enormous work rate and his bulging sack of goals is more appropriate.

A few tried to get it going at Middlesbrough. They got some stern looks from a lot of people and soon stopped.

Social media is killing originality, I've got to be honest I did like some of the suggestions the other day- they built this city on thatchers gold etc 

In fact it just proved how easy it is to fit Thatchers Gold into the words Rock n roll- I know it's only thatchers gold but I like it, like it, yes I do...

I'll get my coat.

Exactly, that Thatchers Gold suggestion was great. Rather something like that than generic social media chants.

at times both sides of the atyeo are singing different versions of the same tune. hardly original now city anymore. The tune of starships we built this city is sung by many a team "we beat beat Man city etc".

Difference is with the suggestion on here the other day no one else sings that. Loads of teams sing the tune to that Slade - Come feel the noise that we use for Flint says no - but it feels like an original chant due to the lyrics.

Wierdly loads of songs still use 60s/70s/80s tunes, surely people can do some new ones

I'll get my coat.

Well in that case...."God gave Thatcher's Gold to you..."

http://youtu.be/SVFU4qc7nhs

Archived