IGNORED

Today's Games

Nogbad the Bad

Huge win for Plymouth today 2-1 in the 95th minute away at Luton. 4pts clear at the top of Div 2 with no-one challenging winning. I might not be popular saying this but they`ve been in league 2 for far too long and think this might just be their year. Well run club now and big fanbase if they`re doing well and would be good for west country football if they were at least league 1.

The results from today's games have been pretty good for us, but as has been mentioned we need to pick up more points ourselves to make the most of other teams' failings. 

Bloody annoyed that Brighton failed to win against Preston after beating us, though.

Preston are going about staying up in exactly the opposite fashion to us, with six clean sheets already, but score very few goals, as neither Joe Garner or Stevie May have scored at all.

Be interesting to see if their strategy works..

Preston are going about staying up in exactly the opposite fashion to us, with six clean sheets already, but score very few goals, as neither Joe Garner or Stevie May have scored at all.

Be interesting to see if their strategy works..

and 90%* of the forum were desperate for us to sign garner

*not actual value, but I can remember being one of very few saying no thanks, so in terms of people who commented on the idea, I'm probably not too far off

and 90%* of the forum were desperate for us to sign garner

*not actual value, but I can remember being one of very few saying no thanks, so in terms of people who commented on the idea, I'm probably not too far off

He's shit, his record at Championship level is awful and he's a thug.

Far more relevant though is they prove not conceding goals is just as important as scoring them, with as many clean sheets as Preston have we'd be above half way...

He's shit, his record at Championship level is awful and he's a thug.

Far more relevant though is they prove not conceding goals is just as important as scoring them, with as many clean sheets as Preston have we'd be above half way...

his record was a point I made several times before, he is a flat track bully in league 1, aided by his thuggishness.

no doubt about that, am I right in thinking our only clean sheets this season are our wins, and our only wins we had clean sheets? However, while our defence record has been bad this season, if you compare our opening 6 games and last 6, there has been a big improvement, so it's not all bad

You're right, two clean sheets, two wins.

You'll still find posts suggesting we need attacking midfielders and strikers rather than defensive midfielders though..

I'm not convinced we need any more signings to achieve a safe mid or lower mid table finish this year, other than perhaps some cover, and a long term Wilbs replacement in January/next summer. No doubt most will disagree with me, but I think an argument could be made that with the versatility of the players we have, we can cover most positions well enough, and the players we have are capable for this division.

the big change for me was the change in mentality, we have been less gung ho, and it has shown both in goals scored and conceded

I think a lot of us have been caught out by the improvement needed in The Championship ( from League One).

George Savile making a big difference for Millwall on loan. Another example! Having said that you never know which players can make the step up and which ones won't.

I'm so glad our £2.1m man looks the biz.  Prior to all this £6m stuff, I was surprised we spent that much on one player, especially unproved in this country, or at this level.

....and then you hear some people suggesting we twist Walsall's arm with £3m for Bradshaw.

i hope these clubs sacking managers continue their poor form and finish below us.

I see Preston did what we couldn't got a clean sheet and a point from Brighton. Puts our result in perspective a bit

Could be a case of after the Lord Mayors Show. A lot of Brighton were saying we were the best team they'll play at home all season and were absolutely purring about their result on Tuesday. Set up better for Preston today to do something.

I see Preston did what we couldn't got a clean sheet and a point from Brighton. Puts our result in perspective a bit

I was at the Brighton game and without the midfield pairing of Stephens (injured) and Kayal (suspended) who played against us looked a totally different side with no creativity in the centre of the park. No real strength in depth at Brighton which could prove to be their downfall this season..

The fixtures during the rest of October and then November are really our chance to capitalise on some teams around us that would appear to be struggling (Bolton, Rotherham, MK Dons, even Leeds and Blackburn). I know on paper we should really be grouped with these teams (and the table doesn't lie) however most of us have the benefit of having seen some really good performances behind some poor results.

Excluding Cardiff tomorrow, Wolves and Hull would appear to be our harder fixtures. However, both are at home so you'd like to think that we have a fair chance of getting something from these. Based on this we could well be comfortably mid table by December. Optomistic? Probably, however I think my optimism is fairly well founded.

Archived