IGNORED

Another one gone

Bobby kellard hero

Any new manager coming in now us gonna have to wait til window opens or rely on emergency loans....not an attractive proposition.

Think Tim Sherwood must be on the brink too!

did you see sherwood talking to sky,he was always confident bordering on being a cocky git,that interview was cringe,3 words answers near enough,he's a dead man walking 

I see this and I'm thankful we haven't jumped the gun on our manager yet. Think after last season he should be given the entire season at least. Think it ends up paying off being patient and having stability at the club. It's not as if we are playing poorly for the most part. We still look like a young group who is close knit. Seems no falling out in the locker room between our core, playing good football for the most part and seem to be improving on the pitch with each game. 

Charlton started so well and their recent performances were strange considering their start. Rotherham was always going to be a short leash. 

Malky McKay is the favourite, was at the valley today. Unbelievable how this man can still get high profile jobs

I live up the road from Charlton so am sad to see them likely to appoint such a horrible man as their manager. 

Unless you're talking about his "incident" he did a great job at crapdiff, especially getting them promoted.

Unless you're talking about his "incident" he did a great job at crapdiff, especially getting them promoted.

I'm talking about his racist texts yes. Especially in this day and age when their are so many forgien players.  

He also done an awful job at Wigan.

It'll be another Belgian unknown.

Rinse and repeat.

Last one was actually Israeli and finished up with 2 points from his last 27, with one of those in a home draw against Rotherham.

Their fans really hate their Belgian owner, being selfish though seeing a Championship club in a mess is very handy for us.

Wigan were a basket case club, a lot of managers would of gone there and failed at that period in the clubs history.

Why were they a 'basket case club'? From the outside looking in they are a club with a rich owner who clearly cares passionately about the club, he has a track record of loyalty to managers, they had a nice little run in the premier league, they won the FA Cup recently and they've had a slump with a couple of relegations, but that has happened to several clubs.

Just interested in your 'basket case' reference and why any manager would have failed when Malky was there. 

Cheers!

Last one was actually Israeli and finished up with 2 points from his last 27, with one of those in a home draw against Rotherham.

Their fans really hate their Belgian owner, being selfish though seeing a Championship club in a mess is very handy for us.

Is it selfish though? Football is a dog eat dog world and clubs which make themselves unsustainable should reap what they sow. Apart from a couple of very notable exceptions, fans seem to welcome foreign ownership when it involves the promise of middle eastern/Italian/asian money coupled with the promise of Prem football. In fact it just screws it all up for the rest of us in silly valuations and salaries.

As for Charlton's owner Duchatelet- he also owns 5 other football clubs in Europe- believing that money can be made in football and better to buy the club than the player and then rotate players across teams through loans where possible. Well, not so good -so far. Then we have Forest and Leeds who really are an ongoing source of ongoing incredulity and mayhem. 

So, Graham, I'm with you on this one- when a rival club's in a mess, I either don't care or, in some cases, I'm glad.

BCFC are trying to do it the right way and I'm hoping that maybe before very long- we're gonna get found out.

Been saying for a while that in the not too distant future football will eat itself, probably when the big prem sides do finally bugger off and form a European super league. TV money to what`s left will dry up and a hell of a lot of clubs will go to the wall. The only ones left will be clubs like us who are well run and try to live within their means and the likes of Leeds, Forest, Cardiff and the rest will just fold.

What this does mean if it happens though is that we need at least one season in the prem to get our hands on some of the dosh before it does and SL knows this.

Is it selfish though? Football is a dog eat dog world and clubs which make themselves unsustainable should reap what they sow. Apart from a couple of very notable exceptions, fans seem to welcome foreign ownership when it involves the promise of middle eastern/Italian/asian money coupled with the promise of Prem football. In fact it just screws it all up for the rest of us in silly valuations and salaries.

As for Charlton's owner Duchatelet- he also owns 5 other football clubs in Europe- believing that money can be made in football and better to buy the club than the player and then rotate players across teams through loans where possible. Well, not so good -so far. Then we have Forest and Leeds who really are an ongoing source of ongoing incredulity and mayhem. 

So, Graham, I'm with you on this one- when a rival club's in a mess, I either don't care or, in some cases, I'm glad.

BCFC are trying to do it the right way and I'm hoping that maybe before very long- we're gonna get found out.

I agree with a great deal of this.

We might have had a mental summer, and I don't think any member of the board or management team could keep a straight face telling you any different, but we've spent within our means, and kept faith with both our manager and core playing staff.  Now, we might end up needing some reinforcements at some point, but if we survive this season, and stay up in the Championship, we'll be following the path of other enviable teams, who've steadily built on good foundations.

Charlton always seemed like a well run club; I don't know what went wrong, but it's hard to look past the owner, and get the impression they'll struggle to find stability with the model they currently use, where the playing staff seems set for the manager, and the coach shoulders the blame when they under-perform.

Archived