IGNORED

Enjoy Kodjia while he's here

Fordy62

He was very good last night - Interestingly this topic comes off the back of a 0-0 draw.

One thing is for sure is that despite his work rate and driving at defenders, he misses a lot of chances. This could be him settling in OR the difference between a Premier League or a Championship striker in my opinion.

This forum does make me laugh though, where are those people who were saying Joe Bryan was a 7 Million Prem Player - Reality check needed sometimes.

I do Love JK though and i think he will do very well here. 

For me if he is to leave, it won't be in the summer it will be in January next season,  if we are struggling and he is still scoring and running the show, I think he'll be out the door sadly.

Two or three times last night he beat 3 players with ease, looked up and there was no options, so continued on a mazy run, to create an opportunity for himself. His movement also is to good for our midfield, no one seems to be able to spot his runs.

£4/5 million .......... ??

For Kodjia ......... ??

He must be worth 10!

(You are supposed to haggle)

Uncle Life of Brian

Personally, based solely on the figures we were bidding for Gayle and Gray, I would be disappointed to see him go for less than £7m.  I believe our best chance of hanging on to him is to finish mid-table as a minimum this year, and invest in the squad sufficiently in the summer to convince him that we will pushing for promotion next season.  But even that is unlikely to be enough if a Premier League bid comes in.

Whilst I certainly agree he is our stand-out player at the moment I think it's premature to say they'll definitely be clubs queuing up to sign him next summer.

As others have correctly pointed out he should really have a few more goals this season and if he did then maybe we could start to get really excited.

Nick Blackman already has 9 this season to Kodjia's 6 (they are a similar age too) and I doubt Reading fans are predicting he's going to be going for big bucks next season.

Being really harsh you could say Kodjia was a large part of the reason we didn't win last night as he should have done better with the two best opportunities of the game. He should've been on the end of that cross from Bennett early on and should have aimed his close-range header low and scored just before HT.

Should have buried at least one of those chances and he should've done better with the one-on-one chance he had at Brighton when the scores were level.

Aside from that, his all-round play was excellent and I'm sure the goals will come - hopefully starting on Saturday against Fulham.

For me if he is to leave, it won't be in the summer it will be in January next season,  if we are struggling and he is still scoring and running the show, I think he'll be out the door sadly.

Two or three times last night he beat 3 players with ease, looked up and there was no options, so continued on a mazy run, to create an opportunity for himself. His movement also is to good for our midfield, no one seems to be able to spot his runs.

You may laugh, but from the games I've seen the two players most on his wavelength are Williams (either the chip down the line, or the cut onto right peg, and reverse it into the channel) and Robinson (albeit the 60 minutes v Leeds).  

How did Robinson link with Kodjia v Luton in the cup?

I did wonder whether Kodjia's ability to take players on might be our downfall, i.e. constantly losing possession, but that awareness of others in better positions that I saw v Yeovil has been matched at Championship level too.  When I got home from Cardiff last night I watched  the game back, and was impressed how often he bust a gut to get into the box or win the ball.

His game is more than just goals.

You may laugh, but from the games I've seen the two players most on his wavelength are Williams (either the chip down the line, or the cut onto right peg, and reverse it into the channel) and Robinson (albeit the 60 minutes v Leeds).  

How did Robinson link with Kodjia v Luton in the cup?

I did wonder whether Kodjia's ability to take players on might be our downfall, i.e. constantly losing possession, but that awareness of others in better positions that I saw v Yeovil has been matched at Championship level too.  When I got home from Cardiff last night I watched  the game back, and was impressed how often he bust a gut to get into the box or win the ball.

His game is more than just goals.

Agree with Williams, but I can't believe you haven't mentioned Reid. The only player in our team who looks for the early pass through or over the defenders. Freeman never really goes for it. I think Reid behind the front 2 would benefit Kodjia more because otherwise we seem to be ignoring his runs far too often

Agree with Williams, but I can't believe you haven't mentioned Reid. The only player in our team who looks for the early pass through or over the defenders. Freeman never really goes for it. I think Reid behind the front 2 would benefit Kodjia more because otherwise we seem to be ignoring his runs far too often

yes, him too :chant6ez:

Archived