IGNORED

Hollowhead and Steve Cotterill love in

Marina's Rolls Royce

I know, I know ...... I should hate him, particularly as I was around in the 70's and 80's, but red tie and very complimentary about us AGAIN.... I'm finding it really difficult.

Nurse! More medicine please. Then there's Elliot Harrison ... am I going mad?

I know, I know ...... I should hate him, particularly as I was around in the 70's and 80's, but red tie and very complimentary about us AGAIN.... I'm finding it really difficult.

Nurse! More medicine please. Then there's Elliot Harrison ... am I going mad?

why wouldn't he compliment us? - to save face with a few blue in League Two, non league last year with a very precarious outlook? I doubt it. 

Why wouldn't he compliment us? Considering he's managed a London club seeming partial to rival clubs, even the biggest rival, could be handy considering the dense populous of jobs there. 

Maybe he's mellowed and maybe I'm too cynical. But I'm far from convinced. Heck even trying to get himself as the go to analyst on sky for all Bristol football will keep his family in a few decent holidays a year I would imagine. 

Heaven forbid, he wants Cotts role?

why wouldn't he compliment us? - to save face with a few blue in League Two, non league last year with a very precarious outlook? I doubt it. 

Why wouldn't he compliment us? Considering he's managed a London club seeming partial to rival clubs, even the biggest rival, could be handy considering the dense populous of jobs there. 

Maybe he's mellowed and maybe I'm too cynical. But I'm far from convinced. Heck even trying to get himself as the go to analyst on sky for all Bristol football will keep his family in a few decent holidays a year I would imagine. 

Holloway is still a **** and he has never forgiven us for trying to burn the ground down at Bath in the 80's!

There are certainly plenty of City fans who still feel the same as Holloway about those sort of stupid, criminal incidents. We don't ever want to lose to them, we always want to finish higher up the League, and so on, but we draw the line at physical violence and acts of arson and damage to property.

I love my football club and everyone who supports but not the very small minority who are just anti social morons

Scumbag? You really do need to get a life. Its football. haha

Too much of that attitude and you'll start to question why you bother with football at all :P

Emotive language is often used when talking about football and I personally believe that's well and good. Football isn't necessarily about real life, being a fan is partly about the escape from the drudgery of everyday life and allowing yourself to be drawn into the football world where rivalries are exaggerated beyond belief and the language used in these terms is likewise exaggerated.

it's where the escape overspills into real life violence that I have an issue.

edit - just to add that, in this football world, Holloway is a synt of the highest order.

How sad the 1950s have gone when many supported both City and Rovers and only became     partisan in derby matches.  My family have always been Red but my father and grandfather were season ticket holders at both clubs and cheered City on in Derby matches at Eastville quite happily and safely from the Rovers stand

One of the best old Division 2 matches I have seen in Bristol was Rovers recovering from being  3-0 at half time against Leeds and drawing 3-3

At school our under 11s were trained by Rovers players.  How wonderful it was to chant Ernie Peacock's name at Jackie Pitt after a hairy derby match at Ashton Gate. Pitt took it in good spirit, a real old fashioned gent of a player.

I don't like all the nasty comments between fans of the two clubs; rivalry is one thing abuse quite another.

Just remember the friendly rivalry and mutual respect between John Atyeo and Geoff Bradford; I think they would both be shocked by some fans' comments.

I think we all change as we get older.  You realise what's important in life and opions change.  Just look what at Mark "Divvy" Saunders journey

This may b so in general day to day life, but;

Holloway?

I'm 54 and still hate him as much as I did back in the '80s '90s '00s

Archived