IGNORED

Positives From Yeserday

Port Said Red

Like others on here I thought that there were a lot of positive to take from yesterdays game.

I liked the more fluid formation we played, it was almost like we defended in 4-4-2 and attacked as 3-5-2, when we went forward Aaron would move inside to allow Woodman to join up in attack. It was also good to see a lot more movement and there were times when the ball player was almost spoilt for choice, something we have lacked this season.

Although they occasionally reverted, there was a distinct move away from the "whoosh! balls from the back, probably because of the above point.

Lee Miller showed why we paid the money for him, he looked like a centre forward able to lead the line, shrug people off, link the play and score goals. I am realistic enough to realise (as I hope you all are) that at his age he will have good and bad games this season, but I have high hopes for him.

The same could be said for Luke Wilkshire, but there were more than enough signs from him to make it clear that we should be looking to build a side around his playmaking. An ideal replacement for Tinns when the time comes, surely.

I have to temper my enthusiasm a little by saying as good as Barnsley were they did stand back and let us play a lot of the time, it will be harder against the sides that like to get stuck in.

All in all a good game, and I am looking forward to the rematch in two weeks time!

Archived