IGNORED

Elliott Bennett

SedRA

Really impressed with him so far. Good engine, great going forward and defending, picks out some smart passes and crosses, reads the game well and (probably) above all seems a model professional with the right sort of mentality to fit in with the team.  

Based off of what he's done so far would like to see his move made permanent. 

Really impressed with him so far. Good engine, great going forward and defending, picks out some smart passes and crosses, reads the game well and (probably) above all seems a model professional with the right sort of mentality to fit in with the team.  

Based off of what he's done so far would like to see his move made permanent. 

couldn't agree more,looking very tidy,as for permanent think teams would be looking at him and we would have no chance

couldn't agree more,looking very tidy,as for permanent think teams would be looking at him and we would have no chance

he seems to be enjoying himself here though and that can count for a lot. Particularly if we can push up the table a little more. 

I'm not sure who I would rather have. Tavernier or Bennett. Think Bennett's crossing was poor to start with tonight. Started to put in more dangerous ones as the game went on though.

Not a hard decision. Bennett can comfortably play in the Championship. Tavs hasn't proved he can, plus if he's that great why is he only in the Scottish second division.

he seems to be enjoying himself here though and that can count for a lot. Particularly if we can push up the table a little more. 

Yep. I think he'll be looking at the players around him, and the role that he's asked to perform, and think he could be a shining light for us. I think we'd have a reasonable chance if he was available. 

Really like this lad. 

He said in his first interview that he would  give it his all and judging  on what i have seen he is true to his  word . 

Ok a 100% is the least any professional should give but he really looks like he would run through a brick wall for the team and has a touch of class to boot.  

Would love to see him here on a perminate and as unlikely as it is,  can do no harm in making him feel wanted. 

Never never been a massive fan of loans but he's done great, certainly not here to make up numbers. Baker likewise.

Yep, really impressed with Baker as well. Only problem with him is he does seem very injury prone, which is why he's here in the first place.  

It's a strange one. Unlike players we've deployed in the left side - Cunningham, Williams and arguably Bryan; these are all left backs asked to do an attacking job.

Bennett seems to be an out and out attacker doing a defensive job as well.

It did have me a bit worried he might get exposed defensively, but he doesn't seem to have a chunk in his armour. Think it brings the best out of Ayling too and we look dangerous all day long down the right.

Bennett has that extra class. Do I think we could get him permanently? Sadly not...

Never never been a massive fan of loans but he's done great, certainly not here to make up numbers. Baker likewise.

I think our past experience has negatively swayed our opinions, until Matt Smith installed some belief in their usefulness. We always seemed to get loans who were either useless or got crocked straight away. It always annoyed me when other teams seemed to loan in players who slotted straight in and made a positive difference, exactly what they should do. Very impressed with Bennett and Baker so far (hope Baker isn't crocked), so it just proves there are some good ones out there sometimes.

Seems to be a few people who think we won't be in with a shout of taking him on permanently. Curious as to why?

I thought he was surplus to requirements at Norwich and he's not a star name in the championship. If he likes the club, team and location surely it wouldn't be a huge leap?

Archived