IGNORED

Sheff Wed

Big Red Rich

Very impressed with them. I know Arsenal weren't at full strength but they outplayed them.

No they didn't, Arsenal looked far more comfortable on the ball. Wednesday countered and scored from crosses - that's not outplaying. Managing the game maybe, but certainly not outplayed. 

Glad they won though, another Prem team out... Soulless, the lot of them.

Ridiculous……..that Sky are calling it humiliating?   Wenger not bothered, as was shown by team selection, mostly kids, with 4 making their debut.  Good Luck to Wedsneday, but its a hollow victory when its only Arsenal reserves you beat

Hardly the reserves, plenty of players out there last night who are full internationals. I think that Wednesday should be given some credit at least, they started slowly this season but are beginning to build up a head of steam.

Ridiculous……..that Sky are calling it humiliating?   Wenger not bothered, as was shown by team selection, mostly kids, with 4 making their debut.  Good Luck to Wedsneday, but its a hollow victory when its only Arsenal reserves you beat

9 full internationals started that game and all bar Campbell (Costa Rica, who made the last 16 of the last WC) are or have been reasonably regular for major European nations. A tenth full international came of the bench 

I'm not disputing that the League Cup is of a low priority to Arsenal, but it was still an impressive result for a midtable championship side

Archived