IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly and George Dowling

reddogkev

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/young-pair-sign-professional-contracts-2768244.aspx

2 new contracts dished out to a couple of our young City lads.

Congrats to the pair of them, here's hoping they turn out to be future stars. 

Interesting to read that Lloyd was originally scouted playing for Bristol Central, I heard a piece about the club on local radio two days ago and wondered if we ever scouted their players.

So for those here who watch the younger players, what's your current assessment of Kelly and Dowling?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/young-pair-sign-professional-contracts-2768244.aspx

Interesting to read that Lloyd was originally scouted playing for Bristol Central, I heard a piece about the club on local radio two days ago and wondered if we ever scouted their players.

So for those here who watch the younger players, what's your current assessment of Kelly and Dowling?

Like several others on OTIB will have done, I saw Kelly against Brislington/Keynsham and thought he looked impressive.  Came forward well down the left hand side and seemed full of confidence.  Looked a good one for the future.

If this is the Bristol Central juniors (and presuming they are still the same club that i played against at youth level) then I remember them being an absolute disgrace, fouls, punch ups etc (basically doing nothing to stop the stereotype of what people from St Pauls are like). 

From what I've seen, Kelly needs to bulk up a bit more. Got bullied out in Portugal by a few of the opposition players. If he hits the Bryan/Freeman school of bulking then he could be very good.

Dowling has a terrific shot on him, not as good as Morrell in my opinion but still looks promising.

If this is the Bristol Central juniors (and presuming they are still the same club that i played against at youth level) then I remember them being an absolute disgrace, fouls, punch ups etc (basically doing nothing to stop the stereotype of what people from St Pauls are like). 

of course you were an angel as we're all your team....

I know a few of the people who run Bristol central and they are thoroughly decent people. My son has played them many times and they were fine. One of the better behaved sides. Bobby Reid played for them I think. They had no arrogance, unlike some of the sides from the South Gloucestershire area particularly.  

George Dowling is ex Ashton Boys as well as being a decent cricketer apparently. 

Great to see to proper Bristolian boys being given the chance to shine.

of course you were an angel as we're all your team....

I know a few of the people who run Bristol central and they are thoroughly decent people. My son has played them many times and they were fine. One of the better behaved sides. Bobby Reid played for them I think. They had no arrogance, unlike some of the sides from the South Gloucestershire area particularly.  

George Dowling is ex Ashton Boys as well as being a decent cricketer apparently. 

Great to see to proper Bristolian boys being given the chance to shine.

I played cricket with him, decent cricketer to be fair. In honest just an all round sportsman and really down to earth lad. Can only see a bright future for him!

From what I've seen, Kelly needs to bulk up a bit more. Got bullied out in Portugal by a few of the opposition players. If he hits the Bryan/Freeman school of bulking then he could be very good.

Dowling has a terrific shot on him, not as good as Morrell in my opinion but still looks promising.

hope the filling out comment is tongue in cheek? Kelly was 16 in Portugal - he will fill out naturally 

Archived