IGNORED

**** FIFA

Barrs Court Red

Septic Blater has said that the decision to award the 2018 World Cup to Russia was made before the vote as far back as 2010.

The FA should sue to recover costs after so nuch time and money was wasted on a bid that never had any hope, and the organisation should be dissolved.

Yeah I know this is old ground, but today's news has really showed what a farcical process  the World Cup bid was. 

As for 2022 it looks like it was a decision made at government level, started by France. I thought individual organisations were not supposed to be influenced by government? I know the reality is that this is unrealistic, but given the noise FIFA have made before about individual FAs needing to be outside of government control, how can they acquiesce to the French gov pushing UEFA to back Qatar?

I suspect all this will be the end of FIFA- if not as an organisation, then 'as we know it'. I'm waiting for UEFA to break away as soon as an African or Asian association president wins the election in February and it becomes apparent that it'll be more of the same. Then the South American nations will join them to protect access to their players and the USA, Australia will follow the money

They'll not breakaway through altruistic determination to see 'right' done mind, it'll be because they're fed up with not being in charge

More interesting I thought was that the decision was taken to award 2022 to USA.... What changed? What changed so significantly that a middle eastern, rich country could sway the decision whilst the Europeans at a contemporaneous vote could not.

Kid; i tend to have a little sympathy with your thoughts on Dyke; i wanted to like him and support him but he has looked weak at best and possibly   complicit at worst. 

As for the OP; i did not realise the 5hit stirer Splatter had said that about the Russia vote.... Really? Wow. You have to try and figure out why he would say that and then say that Russia will definitely host the 2018 World Cup. Its the combination of remarks that frankly appears to be from someone with dementia; the two are at severe conflict with each other. 

Of course the two investigations almost certainly already know whether he is telling the truth or not and, if he has a level of clear headedness afforded with dementia, then he will know that already, knows he is going down and knows that whatever he says is irrelevant but he wants the public to think he is bringing all others down with him in some sort of twisted inglorious bastard fixation. Which reminds me, Tarantino could make a good story of this. Adding blood and guts toward the end of the cycle we have not yet witnessed would ensure a box office hit. Get on it Quentin.... He could have the cameo role of a sad looking Beckenbauer; the face of a lost child who has just discovered that everyone knows he stole little Johny's Parker pen.

With all this kicking off and our prominent role in bringing Blatter down are we ever going to get a world cup tourament played in an English stadium again?

yep, I'd expect the first one to be voted on by the reformed FIFA will be heading to either UK or USA. Also if this is true what blatters said, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that UK could host 2018 or 2022

Unless nations pull out rather than take it off them.

As I've said all along - boycott. I'm not renewing my England fans membership after the Euros next summer. I haven't attended a FIFA qualifying or competition game for years. Awkwardly it now looks like Platini and probbaly UEFA were involved in some of this rigging too but it certainly started at the top, at the world governing body and Blatter.

Unless nations pull out rather than take it off them.

I'm afraid it is not that easy with all the money already implemented by sponsors etc.

The entire thing is a mess and also a global political issue now.  I would hazard a guess that governments would encourage the World Cup in Russia if only to keep that nutcase Putin on side.

If FIFA is reformed I fear it will have to be after the competitions in Russia and Qatar are concluded.

Did BCFC or the Council spend any money promoting the world cup bid if so they could sue FIFA according to ITV news.

Yes.

Part of the £21 Million used to promote our World Cup bid, came from local government. Which means if you pay council tax, it came directly out of YOUR pocket.

What is EVEN worse is that Bristol gave over £300K towards the bid!!

The mayor could have used that money to build an extension to his house, and house even more refugees AND build an annex for Collis1.

I, for one, am TOTALLY disgusted.

Uncle TFR

Archived