IGNORED

Favourite Wembley Day Out

JM91

Which was your favourite Wembley Day out?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

England Vs Brazil just before Euro 2000.

Organised a coach full of City fans to go up to the game - we were right alongside the Brazilian supporters, banging their tamborines etc throughout the game

Will never forget the look of utter bemusement as we all stood singing Drink up t' cider etc...

On 01/11/2015, 21:34:02, BS4 on Tour... said:

Undoubtedly 1986, I'll never forget the split second of silence when my hero Glyn Riley scored as if the red hordes couldn't actually believe we'd scored at the home of football, and then total mayhem as we celebrated scoring in that historic stadium.

And my fave manager Terry Cooper giving THAT emotional post match interview.

After all we'd gone through in the previous four or five years Terry, the boys and the fans really deserved that day out and that incredible experience.

I remember staring up at the scoreboard and just hardly being able to comprehend that Bristol City were 3-0 up at WEMBLEY....yes, back then it was a magical place. Nowadays every team seemingly gets a chance to play there, it has lost the majesty, the mystery and the magic...

Same for me.

I'd spent the previous 48 hours staying with my friend Mad Ken in Leicester and travelled down to London that morning still in a chemically altered state. To make matters worse, I was meeting my mum and dad for the match and sitting with them. 

In the event, it was a joyous occasion rather than the worst possible comedown scenario possible. I travelled back to the West Country euphoric, despite having been awake for around 60 hours. :blink:

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Same for me.

I'd spent the previous 48 hours staying with my friend Mad Ken in Leicester and travelled down to London that morning still in a chemically altered state. To make matters worse, I was meeting my mum and dad for the match and sitting with them. 

In the event, it was a joyous occasion rather than the worst possible comedown scenario possible. I travelled back to the West Country euphoric, despite having been awake for around 60 hours. :blink:

Mad Ken from Leicester!!! 

He sounds like one of the 'Only Fools and Horses' characters who are mentioned but never seen!

Like Sunglasses Ron, Paddy the Greek, Monkey Harris and Ugandan Derek!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Mad Ken from Leicester!!! 

He sounds like one of the 'Only Fools and Horses' characters who are mentioned but never seen!

Like Sunglasses Ron, Paddy the Greek, Monkey Harris and Ugandan Derek!

He's still there and still mad!  Only a few hours before I had to depart for Wemberlee, I witnessed him climb down the front of a five-storey building in central Leicester. At 4am. Wearing full Luftwaffe uniform.

Bolton was the best Wembley trip for me, it just felt a magical day going up with the whole family and my hero as a young lad (Glyn Riley) scored at Wembley! 

I was at the last game at Wembley England vs Germany in a euro qualifier when didi haman scored a 25 yard pea roller from a free kick....was a great day until the game started, very much like hull!  

Archived