IGNORED

Shawn McCoulsky

The Original OTIB

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Scored a great goal the other day just saw it on PlayerHD, made another one too. Ridiculous pace.

Encouraging! Is he anywhere near knocking on the door of the first team, or is that just wishful thinking :)

37 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Sorry to be pedantic, Shtanley, but Vyner is a centre-back according to his academy profile; http://www.bristolcityacademy.co.uk/under-18s/profiles/ (please scroll down)

Yes I'm aware they're not strikers. I was saying that out of the u21 players those 2 would be the next ones to appear in and around the first team.

1 hour ago, EmersonsKev said:

Dowling and for me an extremely exciting prospect.  

Although he is younger that others around him he has always looked a yard ahead. One defo for the future to keep an eye on

Some on here wouldn't be satisfied if he was several yards ahead!

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So there's a queuing system? 

No wonder we can't get it right.

Yeah. One in, one out.

Just like a busy nightclub.

Our development squad would have more chance of first team action if they didn't insist of sportswear and trainers. Any fool knows that to get beyond the velvet rope of acceptance you need a collar and shoes.

I suppose at this level, there's always the possibility that positions aren't nailed on. We might see a few defenders pushed into the wings, or midfielders drop back into defence.

For a few years I've been quite critical of the developmental squad, but we've made some decent signings there, and I'd like to think that our new manager might want to give some lads a chance near the end of the season, should we ensure survival this year.

4 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

Dowling and for me an extremely exciting prospect.

Although he is younger that others around him he has always looked a yard ahead. One defo for the future to keep an eye on

Totally agree, every time I have seen him play I have been very impressed. Mentioned him on the forum a few times, but I am always being told that he is nowhere near the level of Joe Morrell..

20 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

'Local lad', George Dowling is a midfielder according to this Evening Post article, from 28/10/2015; http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Brian-Tinnion-claims-recruitment/story-28069942-detail/story.html . Very smartly dressed too.

Looks like he would have been hanging out with Buddy Holly and 'the big bopper'!!

Archived