IGNORED

That's a bit better....

Bs4Red

Bit better tonight against a toothless Wolves side, still think there is a long way to go. Think Baker will be key to our success this year as he keeps the balance.

Korey and Marlon controlled midfield and very please to see Agard playing so well tonight, shows we don't need a target man.

Flint was much better tonight, dominated Afobe, then put Le fondre in his pocket. 

Only downside for me was another extremely average performance from Freeman, think it's time for BR to regain that place!

Hope we can beat Bolton Saturday and extend the gap from the bottom

YOU REDS

2 minutes ago, otib118 said:

Only changes I would make would be Reid and Hamer for Freeman and Fielding

Curious about why you would swap fielding after a clean sheet where he did all that was asked of him (which thanks to the defence was very little)...Hamer hasn't exactly set the world on fire when he has played.

7 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Curious about why you would swap fielding after a clean sheet where he did all that was asked of him (which thanks to the defence was very little)...Hamer hasn't exactly set the world on fire when he has played.

He's just always made me and a few others I know nervous, and that surley can't help the team around him?

Freeman couldn't do anything right with the ball first half, but he did work his socks off.  Bar a couple of occasions where he was a bit lightweight in from the of the Dolman in the second half, I thought he was much better...only driving forward when there was space.  He kept the ball moving (and simpler too) in the second half.  His energy was fantastic tonight.  Not at his best, but you can sometimes forgive a player if they put in the effort.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Freeman couldn't do anything right with the ball first half, but he did work his socks off.  Bar a couple of occasions where he was a bit lightweight in from the of the Dolman in the second half, I thought he was much better...only driving forward when there was space.  He kept the ball moving (and simpler too) in the second half.  His energy was fantastic tonight.  Not at his best, but you can sometimes forgive a player if they put in the effort.

Absolutely!

Much more like himself as the game progressed. Reid has some nice touches, but nowhere near Freeman in ability and energy IMO.

SC in his post match radio interview had it right when he said our build up play was a bit pedestrian, lacking tempo. 

When we did break with any pace Wolves were scared to death!

I thought we put in a gutsy performance. You could tell Agard was battling hard for a starting place and in all Carey fairness (trademark) he deserves it. 

I thought that Jackett did us a huge favour by making his two halftime substitutions. Last year, Flint's defensive domination  was helped by the propensity of League One teams to hit high balls to forwards - a tactic with which he is well equipped to handle but it's not seen so much in the Championship. The curious decision to replace Afobe with 34 year old Holt caused Wolves to look for his head - buns to an elephant for Flinty. I've never liked Holt as an individual (a gobby sod - I well remember his spat with Orr in front of the Dolman some years ago) but he scored for fun at Forest and Norwich however last night, looked like the LeGue One player he now is.

Adam Le Fondre has enjoyed some good times in his career but I think those are now behind him - he was poor for Cardiff and hasn't yet proved a worthwhile investment for Wolves ... he looked extremely ordinary last night. Whilst Byrne didn't do much in the first half, I was pleased to see him replaced.

Thanks for your help, Kenny!

Archived