IGNORED

Agard HAS to start again against Bolton

Super Scotty Murray

I think Agard should get a lot of credit for how he played last night. He has been sat on the bench all season and he worked his socks off when he got his chance. Tirelessly worked the channels in the second half and provided a better outlet than Wilbs. Also Kodjia did not seem to be affected by not having Wilbs alongside him, if anything it gave him more freedom as Agard was doing a lot of the donkey work for him. 

Agard HAS to start the next game against Bolton. He won't score many in this league but he creates space for others and seemed to gel well with Kodjia.

Agree he needs to start but I can't say I agree with the gelling with Kodjia. I thought Agard looked frustrated with Kodjia throughout the game.

I can't recall a time in the game where the two linked up well, but I guess that comes with game time together. Also, as brilliant as JK is, it would be nice to see him pick his head up more often and look for the pass. A couple of times he had Agard across the box but chose to go for goal. 

I would not necessarily say they linked well together as such, it is more the space he was able to create for Kodjia.

I agree that Agard might get frustrated with doing all the donkey work for Kodjia but when we have a player of that quality it is the case that others may have to make sacrifices for him. He is a class apart despite the fact he is still quite raw. He doesn't always make the best decisions but when he does he will be almost unplayable at this level.

We got possession back countless times last night due to Agard & Kodjia not giving the defenders any time on the ball to pick a pass so they just had to get rid! Was so refreshing to see. I hope we see the same line up on Saturday, but I can't see him leaving Wilbs out again.

I'd have no problem with Wilbs starting again, but now Cotts has acknowledged that he's match fit, he needs to be coming on at 60-70 minutes and chasing down every ball against tired defenders. I don't have a problem with Wilbs starting, my issues lie with Agard or Cox only getting 2 or 3 minutes. It'll help keep us on the front foot in games and help us defend from the front

23 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I'd have no problem with Wilbs starting again, but now Cotts has acknowledged that he's match fit, he needs to be coming on at 60-70 minutes and chasing down every ball against tired defenders. I don't have a problem with Wilbs starting, my issues lie with Agard or Cox only getting 2 or 3 minutes. It'll help keep us on the front foot in games and help us defend from the front

I'd have a big problem with Wilbs starting on sat. there was so much more energy up front last night, it was good to see.

Thought Agard was excellent all night a constant menace for their defence by constantly putting them under pressure. 

Kodjia was his usual just too good for most defences at this level. The scary thing is is that he is still adapting to English Football we will have a job to keep hold of him thats for sure he is one hell of a talent.

My only concern was whether we would lose the ball more up front without Wilbs' hold up play buy Kodjia and Agard did a good job here and I think the 2nd half display was the most professional I have seen this current side play.

19 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Thought Agard was excellent all night a constant menace for their defence by constantly putting them under pressure. 

Kodjia was his usual just too good for most defences at this level. The scary thing is is that he is still adapting to English Football we will have a job to keep hold of him thats for sure he is one hell of a talent.

My only concern was whether we would lose the ball more up front without Wilbs' hold up play buy Kodjia and Agard did a good job here and I think the 2nd half display was the most professional I have seen this current side play.

Wilbs is very rarly able to hold up the ball and make it stick

When Agard first arrived I was very impressed. I thought with the money we'd got from the sale of Baldock and using it to bring in Agard it was a great bit of business but after the first 10 games or so Agards form dipped and when he came back from injury apart from the odd goal and his work rate I thought his all round game was pretty awful. 

So whilst I appreciated Wilbs needed a break I wasn't overly excited about the thought of Agard replacing him but he proved me wrong last night. Of course the work rate was still there but his touch was excellent, he held the ball up well, his runs into space were good, he just looked like a confident player and I really hope he continues like that. 

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Can Keiran do two games in four days yet though?

Yep, good shout.....who knows the effects last night had on him.

3 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

When Agard first arrived I was very impressed. I thought with the money we'd got from the sale of Baldock and using it to bring in Agard it was a great bit of business but after the first 10 games or so Agards form dipped and when he came back from injury apart from the odd goal and his work rate I thought his all round game was pretty awful. 

So whilst I appreciated Wilbs needed a break I wasn't overly excited about the thought of Agard replacing him but he proved me wrong last night. Of course the work rate was still there but his touch was excellent, he held the ball up well, his runs into space were good, he just looked like a confident player and I really hope he continues like that. 

Completely concur with your view.  Looked like the player of early last season and Rotherham the Eason before.

Archived