IGNORED

We had a terrible team

Wardie

Was just reading this article about Cardiffs dwindling crowd numbers and there was a link in the article to the last time we played Cardiff away (before last week)

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34650363

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21448113

Was interested to see what team we put out that day and my god it was poor. Highlights included Foster, Fontaine, Nyatanga, Moloney, Pearson, Wilson, Kilkenny and Howard. Had almost banished some of them from my memory!

Makes me appreciate how far we have actually come as a club in the last 2-3 years and what a great manager and squad we now have! 

"The red kit had a delayed reaction," says Ben James, a blogger who runs the 'View From The Ninian' podcast.

"Most fans were happy to put up with it as long as success was coming with it but, as soon as that started fading away, most fans lost interest.

Says it all really doesn't it. Bent over and took it when the opportunity to play the likes of Man U came along. Not so happy with it when Rotherham are going to be coming to town.

Looking at that defence is it any surprise that we got relegated!

Heaton; Foster, Nyatanga, Fontaine, Moloney; Kelly, Pearson, Anderson, Elliot; Stead, Davies.

Gerken, Wilson, Kilkenny, Howard, Reid, Adomah, Burns.

To think that people complain about the likes of Pack and Williams! Might be a bit harsh on Howard and Kelly as they didn't play much, and Fontaine as he was good once upon a time, but still... The back four is truly nightmarish.

That season I knew we were going down since we drew 1-1 at home with Millwall, just had that feeling. We were awful, and were rightly relegated. Steady got injured in February and we had no hope, him and Adomah were the only ones who really cared that season.

So glad 2010-2013 is now way behind us - bad times indeed.

Also think our current team would beat that side easily.

2 hours ago, Tauntonian said:

I went to that game but who the fk is Howard, i have 0 recollection of who howard is. The rest of the team was truly awful bar heaton.

Brian Howard....That midfield was begging for a little bit of creativity and he became available after not having his contract renewed with Portsmouth.

He was nothing but a bench filler though...don't remember him having any kind of impact in any of the games he came on.

1 hour ago, Kezman said:

Brian Howard....That midfield was begging for a little bit of creativity and he became available after not having his contract renewed with Portsmouth.

He was nothing but a bench filler though...don't remember him having any kind of impact in any of the games he came on.

Was a decent player at this level in his Sheff United days, came here when he was well past it though.

Archived