IGNORED

Our Contract Procedure.

Bow_Legged_Chicken

Why the hell do we leave our contract offers until they are more or less expired?

Not only does it send a negatove signal to the players and encourage them to look elsewhere it leaves us open to other clubs to jump in and snatch our players.

Another bad thing about it is if you start thinking about renewing it a year or so before you got time to negotiate it. You and the player can get best deal possible. Wheras when they are out you are rushed to offer a unneccesary large contract to encourage them to stay or they go to the bigger club.

Why we do this on the sole basis "it makes the players play for their contracts" I do not know and for me I cannot see any big enough reason to use the procedure we do.

A complete joke and could proove a complete disaster come the end of this season.

I must admit, i have been thinking the same thing. I can understand football has changed a lot over the last couple of years (money) but you could still right clauses into a contract, so that if you go up a player will be paid more and if you stay down, they dont.

Why the hell do we leave our contract offers until they are more or less expired?

Not only does it send a negatove signal to the players and encourage them to look elsewhere it leaves us open to other clubs to jump in and snatch our players.

Another bad thing about it is if you start thinking about renewing it a year or so before you got time to negotiate it. You and the player can get best deal possible. Wheras when they are out you are rushed to offer a unneccesary large contract to encourage them to stay or they go to the bigger club.

Why we do this on the sole basis "it makes the players play for their contracts" I do not know and for me I cannot see any big enough reason to use the procedure we do.

A complete joke and could proove a complete disaster come the end of this season.

Why are we in a mess ?????

All our best players are under contract, and as been posted on here earlier our squad is far to big for a second div side.

Much rather have a bcfc to watch with fewer players than no bcfc at all.

I must admit, i have been thinking the same thing. I can understand football has changed a lot over the last couple of years (money) but you could still right clauses into a contract, so that if you go up a player will be paid more and if you stay down, they dont.
Spot on mate.

if the average person like me and BS3 can think up simple things such as clauses in contracts that they go up so much so down so much if we go up or down is pretty easy and basic.

Why are we in a mess ?????

All our best players are under contract, and as been posted on here earlier our squad is far to big for a second div side.

Much rather have a bcfc to watch with fewer players than no bcfc at all.

So losing players who we payed £600,000 for and have had bids for over £600,000 isn't a disaster.

Possibly losing more quality first team players isn't a disaster. Of course it is and it needs to be sorted. expecially when we seem to be scraping the bottom of the penny jar lately.

A common sense aproach from the board, if we wait and see what division we are going to be in we can offer the right contract, if we offer say Peacock a 3 year contract before his contract has expired and we didn't go up, the manager might have decided that he didn't want to keep him after a failed season,but couldn't get rid of him because he has signed an extension to his old contact.

It's simple really, otherwise we could end up with the same players on longer contracts who aren't needed anymore.

So losing players who we payed £600,000 for and have had bids for over £600,000 isn't a disaster.

Possibly losing more quality first team players isn't a disaster. Of course it is and it needs to be sorted. expecially when we seem to be scraping the bottom of the penny jar lately.

Yeh lets give them all 11 year contracts and thousands a week lets go back to 1982.

I was there it wasnt nice,our sqad is to big. the two players worth £600,000 each are the two players every one slates big time on here.

the only two i would be sad to see go are louie and matty hill because they are a part off a decent defence the rest can go in my view.

Why sign them if we can't afford them?

if we can't afford peacock on a 3 year contract don't bloody do it. or say 2 years if we don't go up but a 1 year extention if we do.

Come on theres a claus for everything these days for that very reason. why our club don't use them i don't know.

dates back for years if we put a clause on andy Cole all those years back we would be a lot mroe well off now. if we put pay rate up wehn we go up and pay rate down when we go down on our players during our promotion season it would of saved us loads of money. If we offer contracts to players with cluses maybe we would have thorpe and rosenior now who could well of fired us into Div 1.

Clauses are there for a reason so why not make use of them?

Guest RedHotCityPepper

If you leave them to the last minute then they might be willing to accept lesser offers just so they can have a job next season at a decent club.

However, i think this is a fair pricniple for older, less desirable, players such as Mickey Bell but as for the young players who we really should be trying to hold on to like Aaron Brown it would probably have been better to start negotiations earlier.

Although i think it was the right thing appointing Tinman and he will do a good job with what he's got he isn't experienced in contract negotiations and this could be a potential problem although i am not sure how much of an influence he actually has.

Don't despare yet, we still have a squad capapble of going up even if we lose a few hopefully we will be able to replace them as there are plenty of good players available on frees who we could sign if other players leave.

CTID

I agree that our current procedure could be good in some circumstances such as like you mentioned older less desired players such as mickey bell. but players worth a lot of money like Peacock, Brown etc then its just a joke.

No team wants to see any of their squad players leave for nothing, were letting quite a few first teamers go.

If we keep doing what we are then we could be liable for players like Doc who are worth millions in my view going for nothing to big clubs. Hardly seems fair wouldn't you agree?

What if Gillespie turns out to be the next boy wonder of lower leagues. The next DeFoe and we let his contract run out. Tottenham come in and bang get him for £400,000 compensation instead of £3 million normal.

It common sense to me to do everything you can to negotiate a contract with your high valued players as soon as possible and to ensure they are going to be at your club for as long as you want them there.

If Brown and peacock go on because of this thats over a million quid wasted just because we don't want to put clauses in their contracts.

Seems ridiculous to me.

Where do you get your over a million quid wasted from, Peacock was £600,000 3 years ago and Brown was free, Peacocks real value is about £150,000 and Brown about the same in todays market.

Tommy, let the ######s go if they want out, they are showing the fans exactly what they are all about, we rescued Peacock out of reserve football and gave Brown a career, we owe these ######s absoloutely ###### all,

I don't give a poo about this jumped up idiots moving I'm more worried about us losing money on these jumped up #####.

Peacock we bought for £600,000 and brown we turned down a offer for £600,000 so thats where i get the over Milion from.

ok now we probaly could only sell them both for about £600,000 but that would pay for marcus stewart to come wouldn't it?

if they want to rip the club off they can ###### off, if they think they are bigger than the club they can ###### off.

as for getting them to sign the contracts with clauses if they can't even be as fair as play well and we pay well, play crap and we pay crap then they are not worth having but at least we would have a year to get some cash for them.

I don't give a poo about this jumped up idiots moving I'm more worried about us losing money on these jumped up #####.

Peacock we bought for £600,000 and brown we turned down a offer for £600,000 so thats where i get the over Milion from.

ok now we probaly could only sell them both for about £600,000 but that would pay for marcus stewart to come wouldn't it?

if they want to rip the club off they can ###### off, if they think they are bigger than the club they can ###### off.

as for getting them to sign the contracts with clauses if they can't even be as fair as play well and we pay well, play crap and we pay crap then they are not worth having but at least we would have a year to get some cash for them.

We should have sold Brown when the offer came in from West Brom. Peak of his form at the time, all of us on the terraces could see he will NEVER be cosistent.

The answer to contracts Tommy is to know when players are displaying their top form and accept high offers then, not wait until they're in their last year.

I would take 6-700k for doherty now, only because we'll never get a better offer and he'll never have a better season than last.

Each season is a new assault on promotion for City and we need fees coming in to keep things ticking over as well as Academy graduates coming through to freshen the squad up.

Archived