IGNORED

Today's game

GrahamC

It goes without saying this is a big one, win it and we're eight points clear of them, lose and it is just two.

I think it will be tight, they're not a good side (they wouldn't be bottom if they were) but at home they've only lost the once but have only won once, too.

Not difficult to see why they are struggling, they are the opposite of us, they score very few but don't concede many.

They do have a few decent players, Wheater at the back, Pratley in midfield and Neil Danns, who was decent for us, is there too, though on the bench of late.

Up front it is obvious to see why they struggle, Heskey is 37, Ameobi 34 and Madine has no sort of scoring record at this level.

Think it all depends on if we score first, if we do so I can see us winning, if they manage to do so we'll need to battle to avoid defeat.

As always this season it will probably down to Kodjia to show his class...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Which table are you looking at?!

isnt it win and we'll be 7 points ahead of them and lose and we'll be 1 point ahead of them?!

Apologies, I confused them with Rotherham and thought they were at the bottom on nine points.

I could do a sneeky edit and change it but as I was wrong, I won't...

Just now, GrahamC said:

Apologies, I confused them with Rotherham and thought they were at the bottom on nine points.

I could do a sneeky edit and change it but as I was wrong, I won't...

No need to apologise chief! Fair play.

I still think Ameobi can do a job at this level, and he is much younger than Wilbs! Well, 24 months or so!

Trust Korey is fit. He seemed in real pain with his shoulder or similar in the 2nd half against Wolves and we've heard nothing since.

Likely to be a relatively heavy pitch with strong rain in Bolton at the moment, though dry later in the morning and just light showers during the game itself.

Mark Davies is returning from Injury today and Luke Brattan (Man. City) and Ameobi have been signed on loan in the last 10 days, so on paper at least Bolton may have their strongest line up of the season available.

Agree about Korey and a good point, Noggers, pretty sure though that with a break coming up we'd give Korey every benefit of the doubt today, especially as we have no "like for like" replacement.

Think Ameobi was a free agent who signed a short term deal, not on loan, though..

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Smart money would obviously be on the draw but hoping we can edge it.

There must be big pressure on them to win today and if we get that first goal then you fancy that could be it and goodnight for Lennon.

Agree with that. Their poor form overall is obvious from the table, but it does hide they have only lost one at home, so they are not easy to beat there. I am sure we will create chances, and hopefully we can take some. Would be a big game to win of course.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I think we have to win today, and feel very confident we will.  Bolton are doomed and we need to start climbing the table.

I agree that Kodjia will be too strong for Bolton.  Fancy him to score twice.

There are 31 games to go and 93 points to play for. It's far too early to start talking about games we have to win or any team being "doomed". Either side could lose today and still be promoted - or win and still be relegated.

The importance of today's result is being hugely overstated.

If we approach the game like Cardiff...but this time take our chances it could be comfortable.  i won't be getting carried away....this is a tough game, because Bolton will see this as their opportunity to get back in touch with the teams above.

i like the thought of having Baker and Flint vs a combination of either Amoebi, Heskey and Madine.

Madine is a very good back-to-goal target man either in the air or on the deck.  Difficult to shake off from what on saw last season for Coventry.  Champ is a step up though.  We all know the strengths and weaknesses of the other two.

First goal will go a long way to deciding the winner.  My heart says 3-1 to us...head says something much closer....probably 1-1.

#COYR

Archived