IGNORED

Residents car parking

Mrdc

3 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Works both ways though doesn't it? Bristol is surrounded by other Counties, so Bristol residents need the facilities of other counties just as much. 

You can't tell me you don't venture outside of Bristol and never use other roads, shops, facilities of other Counties? or have you managed to somehow live all your life as a Bristol hermit?

I do venture out but I do not moan about the facilities I find elsewhere on forums.

Well hopefully this might encourage the club/Bristol sport to get some matchday travel in place with worst bus and the council.

Its not hard to see why residents parking would benefit local residents in the area, but it all seems mad to suddenly bring this in as a multi million £ venue is near to completion.

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I do venture out but I do not moan about the facilities I find elsewhere on forums.

Well maybe you would if your a bristol resident living in kingswood near the county border and you cant get to ashton gate based on poor public transport and policies being introduced by George Fergurson that he didnt mention in his manifesto?

It would be quite a simple exercise for the club to organise coaches from the major towns in the area.  These could pick up more fans on the way to the matches and it might even make a profit.  If they ensured that the coaches arrived an hour or more before kick off, they could make sure that lots of pies and pints were bought by the travelling fans, who would not have to worry about drinking and driving. 

The station is a MUST and there should be joined up transport options for people coming from Portishead direction as well as from Temple Meads.  It would be sensible if there were onward connections after evening matches!!

The Ashton Vale site could also be partly utilised to create a massive car park that could be used for things like car boot sales and markets in order to earn som cash.

It just takes a will to do something!!

4 hours ago, screech said:

Didn't the supporters trust vote that they didnt want to see the park and ride opened up for supporters or have I got that wrong?

you've got that wrong. We've fully supported the recent efforts to get a station at AG, and would never stop something like the park and ride being kept open later. 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

you've got that wrong. We've fully supported the recent efforts to get a station at AG, and would never stop something like the park and ride being kept open later. 

Happy to be wrong. Did they have a meeting sometime in the past about using it though?

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

It would be quite a simple exercise for the club to organise coaches from the major towns in the area.  These could pick up more fans on the way to the matches and it might even make a profit.  If they ensured that the coaches arrived an hour or more before kick off, they could make sure that lots of pies and pints were bought by the travelling fans, who would not have to worry about drinking and driving. 

The station is a MUST and there should be joined up transport options for people coming from Portishead direction as well as from Temple Meads.  It would be sensible if there were onward connections after evening matches!!

The Ashton Vale site could also be partly utilised to create a massive car park that could be used for things like car boot sales and markets in order to earn som cash.

It just takes a will to do something!!

Do you think the Dog Walkers would allow it?

7 hours ago, Leveller said:

All of which sounds quite reasonable, if you're a local and not a football fan who turns up once a fortnight, hoping to park. The needs of the two are basically irreconcilable.

No not reasonable at all. The football ground have there for a century long before middle class interlopers have moved to the area from London and elsewhere. They knew there is a football ground near by when they brought their houses.

So sod em , sod the greens and sod the Mayor.

8 minutes ago, bs3 said:

No not reasonable at all. The football ground have there for a century long before middle class interlopers have moved to the area from London and elsewhere. They knew there is a football ground near by when they brought their houses.

So sod em , sod the greens and sod the Mayor.

And that fact was probably reflected in the price they paid.

43 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Well this might encourage the club/Bstopsristol sport to gewitmatchday travehis place with worst  b us and the counci l.

Its not hard to see why residents parking would benefit local residents in the area, b t it all seems mad to suddenly bring this in as a multi million £ venue is near to completion.

That wont bother George, he's no great fan of football and he hates cars and Bristol drivers even more, if you dont walk or pedal a pushbike or pay through the nose to stand on bus stops you aint in his gang and he dont give a twopenny ha'penny damn.

His concession to the demands of Bristols public is his vote grabbing development of a flagship Arena - brilliant at last! - but even that aint important enough to abandon his head in the clouds political friends or bend a little on his war against the car -his 12,000 seat venue aint getting no car park!

It aint gonna happen - get on yer bike! ;)

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Ironically the people of Bristol who pay council tax for services in Bristol (as bad as they are) don't really care what the people of South Glos think. If South Glos want to contribute to the cost of services in Bristol for your use then I'll allow you a view. Until then your moan does not concern me.

That's the kind of thinking that got us here. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Is it true that the supporters trust ruined the proposed bus service by only letting people use the top-deck of the bus if they had a Gold membership?

#OoohControversial

Archived