IGNORED

Bournemuff lose again...

Bantry Banter

Much like us they were the better side today and got beat on maybe the only half chance of the game for Newcastle. You can play all the good football and have all the team spirit you want, it still comes down to talent most matches. That's why Bournemouth will go down and that's why we are struggling. 

All fine keeping your budget in check as long as you know that at the end of it, there is a strong possibility of going down to where you came from.

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Much like us they were the better side today and got beat on maybe the only half chance of the game for Newcastle. You can play all the good football and have all the team spirit you want, it still comes down to talent most matches. That's why Bournemouth will go down and that's why we are struggling. 

All fine keeping your budget in check as long as you know that at the end of it, there is a strong possibility of going down to where you came from.

We were the better side today,having a laugh or is that how radio Bristol put it across 

They have a rich Russian who has been investing money in them . Without his money I doubt if they could afford some of there players like Wilson ?.who was reportedly on Premiership wages in the championship last season. Some of our supporters moan about the "pillars" and watching the Budget but as soon as we lose a couple of games they soon start calling to splash the cash.

Is there an unluckier club than them this season though in regards to injuries?

Wilson, Gradel and Mings are arguably their 3 best players along with Ritchie, and replacing someone like Wilson for a club that size is always going to be a struggle. I reckon he would have scored at least 15 for them this season too. 

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I suppose it's ultimately all a dream, given FFP or whatever it's called, how can they possibly compete on crowds like that?.

The more that TV money is the majority of your income, the crowds become less significant. 

Given the amounts they spent last year as a proportion of their turnover (and given so called FFP rules) , I'll be glad to see them go down. 

5 hours ago, Bantry Banter said:

...looks like we will be playing them next season.  Attendance only 11k for a must win game, what a tinpot club!

Not a 'tinpot' club for me.

They absolutely walked this tough division that we are finding so hard. Scored loads of goals - eight away at Brum, five against Cardiff, also scored fours, fives and sixes regularly home and away.

Deservedly gained Premier League status and 6% of their population regularly watch them, would probably get more but they sell out. We get just over 3% of Bristol's official population watching us. Even if you add the average Gas crowd to ours it's still a smaller population percentage than Bournemouth get.

They have a good young manager who shows so much dignity in victory and defeat. He never moans or criticises anything or anyone.

Dreadful luck with injuries to their best players and they are fighting hard....anything but 'tinpot'...

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not a 'tinpot' club for me.

They absolutely walked this tough division that we are finding so hard. Scored loads of goals - eight away at Brum, five against Cardiff, also scored fours, fives and sixes regularly home and away.

Deservedly gained Premier League status and 6% of their population regularly watch them, would probably get more but they sell out. We get just over 3% of Bristol's official population watching us. Even if you add the average Gas crowd to ours it's still a smaller population percentage than Bournemouth get.

They have a good young manager who shows so much dignity in victory and defeat. He never moans or criticises anything or anyone.

Dreadful luck with injuries to their best players and they are fighting hard....anything but 'tinpot'...

I lived down there for a bit and it is  a tinpot club to be fair,let's not forget they arnt a rags to riches story,they are being bankrolled,as for a manager showing dignity when they win or lose,did you not see him at burnley,he turned into Neil warnock,as my mother used to say,it's easy to be nice when it's going well

14 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I lived down there for a bit and it is  a tinpot club to be fair,let's not forget they arnt a rags to riches story,they are being bankrolled,as for a manager showing dignity when they win or lose,did you not see him at burnley,he turned into Neil warnock,as my mother used to say,it's easy to be nice when it's going well

Just saying it as I see it now, talking about him as Bournemouth's manager now. Nothing to do with Burnley.

We have a billionaire owner so are you saying we ain't a 'rags to riches (or more rags!)' story either and you can't see we are being bankrolled? But unlike them, we haven't got to the Premier League...

Archived